• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart walk Texas

kinggabby

Anyone planning on doing the Walmart walk 1/1/2016 ? As long as reciprocity remains the same and allows me to Open carry in Texas I will as long as I have gas to drive down from Oklahoma.

nonameisgood

Probably not Walmart, but more than likely my normal activity (which never involves Walmart.)
Which reminds me, I still have to make or find a better looking holster for the full size pistols.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glockster

Probably not Walmart, but more than likely my normal activity (which never involves Walmart.)
Which reminds me, I still have to make or find a better looking holster for the full size pistols.

Frankly, I did OC for years and as it's nothing new for me so I myself have no plans to OC for at least a couple of days. I'm willing to let the dust settle and for the sheeples to observe that the world didn't come to an end. Besides, it may well be dangerous what with bad guys mistaking LEO on the street with guns as us OC'ers and trying to take all their guns out of the LEO holsters (you know, because that's what happens out on the streets when you have a gun in your holster).

oljames3

I will take my lovely bride out for breakfast and shopping. We will be out and about most of the day.

O. Lee James, III
CPT US Army Retired

Anyone planning on doing the Walmart walk 1/1/2016 ? As long as reciprocity remains the same and allows me to Open carry in Texas I will as long as I have gas to drive down from Oklahoma.

solus

i offered to meet up with a gaggle of folk on the first in which ever city they chose...the offer is still sitting on the table.

ipse

bushwacker

i offered to meet up with a gaggle of folk on the first in which ever city they chose...the offer is still sitting on the table.

ipse

why not make it the walmart on 183 in Irving then? Irving just recently voted against (4 to 5) the petition for sherie's law probably misspelled that. anyway one day a driver seen me come thru the gate he later asked where I had returned from and I said the middle east and another caught what I was saying and said oh you went to walmart didn't ya ..... yeah yeah that's where I was at

rushcreek2

I would strongly advise easing into this heretofore uncharted territory. Yep....I'm one of those "discreet open carry"...or...concealed carry ... when prudent... dudes..and guess what...? I've never had a problem with my approach to carry.

Those citizens who are bent upon ushering in January 1, 2016 ...as though they were hands on a cattle drive arriving in town during the 1870's......

.....will only create problems in the long run.

Remember...."Extremism always brings about its own destruction"....or at least its own impediments.

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

I would strongly advise easing into this heretofore uncharted territory. Yep....I'm one of those "discreet open carry"...or...concealed carry ... when prudent... dudes..and guess what...? I've never had a problem with my approach to carry.

Those citizens who are bent upon ushering in January 1, 2016 ...as though they were hands on a cattle drive arriving in town during the 1870's......

.....will only create problems in the long run.

Remember...."Extremism always brings about its own destruction"....or at least its own impediments.

Thanks for the tip, I guess, assuming you mean well and all.

You're wrong on a few points, and probably wrong on others. I'll appreciate you trying to help, but I doubt I'll really accept your advice.

Ease into it as opposed to "usher in as though they were hands on a cattle drive"? Well, I hadn't really thought of riding through downtown on a horse with my six-shooter and level-action, but now that you mention it, that sounds like a blast!

Seriously though - the discussion here is about beginning to open carry once it is legal. What exactly can "ease into" it mean, other than to refrain from open carrying even though it is legal? Hardly the attitude of an OC advocate or activist, I'd say. So, again, thanks, but no thanks.

kinggabby

Thanks for the tip, I guess, assuming you mean well and all.

You're wrong on a few points, and probably wrong on others. I'll appreciate you trying to help, but I doubt I'll really accept your advice.

Ease into it as opposed to "usher in as though they were hands on a cattle drive"? Well, I hadn't really thought of riding through downtown on a horse with my six-shooter and level-action, but now that you mention it, that sounds like a blast!

Seriously though - the discussion here is about beginning to open carry once it is legal. What exactly can "ease into" it mean, other than to refrain from open carrying even though it is legal? Hardly the attitude of an OC advocate or activist, I'd say. So, again, thanks, but no thanks.
Had the same kind of talk here in Oklahoma. I know before it was legal here I was not sure if I was going to or not. I decided to open carry for the first day. After I saw it was a non issue I decided to do it for a few more. Again seeing that it was a non issue I have now been carrying open for almost 3 years. Wear what you want ( ignore clothes Nazis ). Carry what you want ( as allowed by law). Carry were you want ( again allowed by law). There will always be people who do not like that you are using your right ( even thought it is being treated as a privilege ) using their right to tell you .

nonameisgood

I think the point is that one should carry appropriately and not push the limits in a way so as to alienate and cause trouble. Stick with "normal" belt and shoulder holsters without pushing the boundaries just yet. Don't be "that guy" who people stare at and worry about. Simply swapping concealed for open is the point. It's no big deal, right? (that is, avoid being a dick)
My biggest concern is the tacticool folks who can't just take a month or two of just carrying before they push. Blend in, be cool, carry on.
I plan to carry open starting Jan 1, and I'm shopping for nice gear, as I do for my clothes and shoes. I am not planning to go parade around the hood, but I am trying to figure out my best options when riding the scooter - probably under the winter coat but on my belt.
This will be a non-issue, but I do expect folks to chat us up about the what's and why's. Again, encourage folks to get and maintain training so they don't use it unnecessary and are ready if it is needed.