• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Places to shoot and practice shooting skills

theoicarry

Had a thought.
Some of us have land where one can shoot and practice at most anytime. I for one am fortunate to walk out the back door of my home to shoot any weapon I have the desire too.
May be, we could all compile our assets and open some areas for those whom live in cities and do not have that option. I would be very open to anyone shooting in my back yard as long as I was present. This could open some specific areas so the need to drive many miles could be limited.
Let us show our support for this effort.
We could make family camping and events from this.
All of a sudden I am excited................
The intention here is at a no charge...

LR Yote 312

An excellent idea.

It would be worth mentioning the range distance(s) as well.
I am quite sure more then a few of us also own a rifle of some sort
and most would love a chance to bust out the long guns.

LR Yote 312

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
An excellent idea.

LR Yote 312

I'm planning to put up a burm on my property just for that one of these days. I think I should be able to get around 400 yards, give or take. My friend has about 800 when he doesn't have corn in the field. Of course, there's a 1200 yard range in Waunakee if we all really get the itch.

Beretta-m9

I'm planning to put up a burm on my property just for that one of these days. I think I should be able to get around 400 yards, give or take. My friend has about 800 when he doesn't have corn in the field. Of course, there's a 1200 yard range in Waunakee if we all really get the itch.

there's a 1200 yard range in waunakee ? Please post range name or phone number. I been searching for nearly a year and best i can find is 300 in mauston. I shoot a remington model 700 in a 300 ultra mag and reload my own rounds, 300 yards is not really enough to test my limits and certainly not the guns limits.

IcrewUH60

i'll help you build that burm... PM sent.

phred

An excellent idea.

LR Yote 312

My ranges are from zero to 100 m. The local public range minimum distant is 15 yds and that is too far to practice defensive shooting (IMHO).

Next year, I will be building a 300 m range on a nearby property (1/2 mi away).

Id be willing to teach anyone interested tactical shooting. However, only those with AR's and AK's need apply. I've got a moderate amount of tactical training with shotguns and pistols. I know room clearing, breaching, pieing corners. Just ask.

CKM

I was just at the Winnequah Gun Club (www.wingunclub.com) for the basic handgun class with Michael Bender of the Personal Protection Academy (www.ppa-wi.com). The class was very informative and well run. The indoor pistol range is pretty nice. There are 12 lanes. The lighting was better than other ranges I have been to, and there is a good sized staging room. I recommend checking it out.

JerryD

200 yard range

Available on my property, I am having my basement redone now and they are doing a shooting berm for me as well that is 200 yards away from the furthest shooting position. I will be adding a 25 100 and 200 yard shooting stations this spring. If anyone in my area needs a place to shoot let me know.