• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast, Sat. 1/8

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Come join us at 9:30 AM.

Sorry 'bout the short notice.
Been tied up.

Cracker Barrel Restaurant

3620 Mayland Court.........map
Richmond , Va
(804) 290-0713

curtiswr

Computer busted (literally) and I just ordered a new one so I'm glad I saw this! I'm gonna try and make it. Probably be up close to all night so we'll see.

...Unless any snow we get accumulates, then I gotta work.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
We don't care what you do behind closed doors. But, if it is interfering with giving proper notice, maybe you should cut back a little. :):p

There are those that would be appreciative if you would take your extra curricular activities behind closed doors and as for giving notice, please stop - nobody can read your handwriting any way. :uhoh:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Ever wonder what this bunch of dog hunters do to my roads when I'm not there to run them off.
This is my main road that leads to my machine shed (where the tractor and other implements are kept) and down to the edge of my first farm where the pasture land is. The ruts were so deep I didn't go to the pastures.

It forks at the machine shed and goes back a mile to my house.

It'll take me a week to regrade the roads and haul in enough gravel to fill the wallows.
NO TRESPASSING is not French for welcome:mad:

[video=vimeo;18552232]http://vimeo.com/18552232[/video]

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This will work, Peter.

Might be some liability issues though. :uhoh:

spikes_narrowweb__300x381,0.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Next hunting season might consider a game camera along that road - get some license numbers. :D

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Next hunting season might consider a game camera along that road - get some license numbers. :D

I've got one there but they're on to it after the last bunch was arrested. It keeps getting mud on the lens and I can't really hide it along that road.

I did catch one in person and have video of it.
I have year to charge him but am going to show that video and a few others to the Agriculture Committee that wants to give Falcon Hunters the same rights as dog hunters.

HB 1442 Hunting; practice of falconry, penalty.
Harvey B. Morgan | all patrons ... notes
| add to my profiles another bill? Log in LIS Home - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Bills & Resolutions Members Committees Meetings Calendars Communications Minutes Statistics Lobbyist-in-a-Box Summary as introduced:
Hunting; practice of falconry; penalty. Updates state laws on the practice of falconry by (i) removing the limit on possession to three raptors, (ii) broadening the penalty that applies to the intentional removal of transmitting collars on dogs to include any transmitting device on raptors, and (iii) extending the rights of those hunting with dogs that permit the retrieval of such dogs from prohibited lands to those hunting with raptors. Full text:
11/15/10 House: Prefiled and ordered printed; offered 01/12/11 11100381D pdf

11/15/10 House: Prefiled and ordered printed; offered 01/12/11 11100381D
11/15/10 House: Referred to Committee on Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources

and

Want to allow Bear Hunters to train at night.

HB 1556 Bear hound training; allows training of dogs to hunt bears to occur at night.
Tony Wilt | all patrons ... notes
| add to my profiles another bill? Log in LIS Home - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Bills & Resolutions Members Committees Meetings Calendars Communications Minutes Statistics Lobbyist-in-a-Box Summary as introduced:
Bear hound training. Allows the training of dogs to hunt bears to occur at night. Currently, the training of dogs to hunt bears is limited to one-half hour before sunrise until four and one-half hours after sunset. Full text:
01/03/11 House: Prefiled and ordered printed; offered 01/12/11 11100362D pdf

01/03/11 House: Prefiled and ordered printed; offered 01/12/11 11100362D
01/03/11 House: Referred to Committee on Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources

riverrat10k

Nice breakfast this morning.

Grapeshot, Skidmark, Peter Nap, Curtis, xdm guy, sidestreet, and I attended.

My vote is to try and get a large round table again when we return . Much easier to hear and talk to everyone.

Overheard: "Oh! They all have guns!"

ETA: The ducks in the stormwater pond were a no show. Perhaps they heard I was coming.:)

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Grapeshot, Skidmark, Peter Nap, Curtis, xdm guy, sidestreet, and I attended.

My vote is to try and get a large round table again when we return . Much easier to hear and talk to everyone.

Overheard: "Oh! They all have guns!"

Great Cliff Notes of past week events, doings and happenings and yes, definitely prefer the "round table" discussion.

Wish I had heard that statement - like to have introduced myself and chatted a bit. We also all had jackets - guess we were just being protected from the elements. :D

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Great Cliff Notes of past week events, doings and happenings and yes, definitely prefer the "round table" discussion.

Wish I had heard that statement - like to have introduced myself and chatted a bit. We also all had jackets - guess we were just being protected from the elements. :D

XD and I went back after everyone else left. Several compliments on the Big Gun dejour.:lol: