• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast, Sat. 1/8

kennys

166413_1601476236578_1226239690_31526720_1108440_n.jpg
Couldn't make it, had to pick up our new child, the feathered one. Joan's friend gave her to us. She is great with calling my dogs to her to terrorise them, now all I have to do is teach her to say guns save lives.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
:uhoh: I have no recollection, of the event you speak of :lol:

I may just have to wear the BIG one on Tuesday, and steal the show:lol:
That means I have to wear my suspenders too. The last time I spent the whole night holding my pants up with my right hand.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP My vote is to try and get a large round table again when we return . Much easier to hear and talk to everyone.

Well, since Grapeshot always bills these gatherings as "greater" Richmond breakfasts, I'm glad to hear things are greater than last time--improving as promised.

I guess I should also commend him for holding back on his usual bragging. There was nothing to stop him from billing it the "greatest" Richmond breakfast.

:D

(5...4...3...2...)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Well, since Grapeshot always bills these gatherings as "greater" Richmond breakfasts, I'm glad to hear things are greater than last time--improving as promised.

I guess I should also commend him for holding back on his usual bragging. There was nothing to stop him from billing it the "greatest" Richmond breakfast.

:D

(5...4...3...2...)

The terminology of the "Greater" Richmond, a recognized demographic area, was first utilized to promote attendance at OC dinners of people from surrounding counties. This measured success culminated in previously unmatched numbers approaching 200 a few years back at Fuddruckers, some even came from out of state - you remember, it was one of those that you were reluctant to attend lest you had to pay for your own meal. :p

It was a natural progression, to refer to the breakfasts as encompassing "Greater Richmond."

I would submit though that you are right - the Richmond breakfasts are great, greater and the GREATEST. We have a great time, eat great food and share great company with great people. Each meet-up is in its own unique way, greater than the time before.

Come on down Tuesday and join us at Pino's - I'll make my special arrangements regarding your tab, you won't have to pay for a single bite. Can I put you down for "confirmed"? I'm sure Jan would be pleased to cooperate. :D
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...r-Jan-11th-2011-at-7-pm&p=1437308#post1437308

Or lacking that, the OC breakfast before Lobby Day would be a great opportunity to put some finality to my plans. Our regular server (Courtney) at the River City Diner, loves to see people OCing and smiling - isn't that the greatest? :lol:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?84615-4th-Annual-Lobby-Day-Breakfast