• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why not pick an MMA fighter to mug?

j4l

Wow, here's a real genius.. guess he got more than he planned on..

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...er-left-bloodied-after-attempt-on-mma-fighter

CHICAGO -- A convicted felon decided to mug an MMA fighter on the Southwest Side of Chicago, police say, and ended up paying a steep price.

Police did not release the victim's name but said he was able to ward off Anthony Miranda, 24, who ended up with two black eyes and a gunshot wound to the ankle after a tussle.

The victim was sitting in his parked car near 55th St. and Kenneth when Anthony Miranda, 24, walked up to the car asking for a lighter, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

When the victim did not have one, Miranda pulled out a handgun and demanded money, police officials said. He then demanded the victim get out of the car.

Read original story on NBCChicago.com

At some point, the victim was able to grab control of the gun while Miranda's attention was diverted. The two men wrestled on the ground and during the fight, Miranda accidentally discharged his gun, shooting himself in the ankle, police said.

The victim was able to pin down Miranda until police arrived and later told officials he was a martial arts expert and ultimate fighting champion.

Miranda was taken to Holy Cross Hospital with a face full of cuts and two black eyes, police said. He has been charged with armed robbery and aggravated discharge of a firearm, a class X felony.

Records show Miranda has several convictions, including at least one for a residential burglary. He was ordered held on $350,000 bond Sunday.

But, Im curious- wtf charge is that??? "and aggravated discharge of a firearm"

Last edited:

jammer

Punk!!

snip//But, Im curious- wtf charge is that??? //

He was aggravated that not only did he get the crap beat out of him, but he also shot himself!!;)

In my estimation, the punk! wasn't beaten bad enough according to the mug shot. This piece of S@$t should of had his mug shot taken from a hospital bed.

since9

Campaign Veteran
The only real attempt on me was by a football player who outweighed me by 100 lbs. I walked away with two punches to my right kidney, and at that I peed blood for 30 hrs. He walked away with a jaw broken in three places and a hiatus on his third year while his jaw healed.

Self defense has little to do with size. Had I known then what I know now, I'd have been in perfect health at the end of the altercation and so would he.

Aikido.