• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

11NOV anniversary coffee shop meet-n-greet

MKEgal

People have been asking if there's going to be an anniversary party at Sherman Perk.
I ran the idea past Bob, the owner, & he likes it but nixed us being there late at night...
something about maintaining good relations with the cops. :rolleyes:

Let's have a meet-n-greet Sunday the 11th (of NOV) ((this year)) from, say, 12:30-3pm.
I'm not going to arrange for Anthony (the hot dog guy) to be there this time, but the normal amenities should be available until they close at 2.

http://www.shermanperkcoffeeshop.com/
4924 W Roosevelt Dr., Milwaukee

If the weather gets to be annoying, we could relocate to a Culver's (124th & Capitol is decent).

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

People have been asking if there's going to be an anniversary party at Sherman Perk.
This morning I ran the idea past Bob, the owner, & he likes it but nixed us being there late at night...
something about maintaining good relations with the cops. :rolleyes:

He suggested that he could stay open after their normal 2pm Sunday close.
So...
Let's have a meet-n-greet Sunday the 11th (of NOV) ((this year)) from, say, 1-4pm.
I'm not going to arrange for Anthony (the hot dog guy) to be there this time, but the normal amenities should be available.

http://www.shermanperkcoffeeshop.com/
4924 W Roosevelt Dr., Milwaukee

I've put up a FaceBook event too.
Please only respond if you can come, & respond once either there or here, so I can give Bob some idea of how many people to expect.
(And if there isn't interest, well, I'll just be there 1-2 & they can close & kick me out.) :D

No hot dog cart! How GAUCHE of you. And I know gauche as I carry not one but two Glocks often ;)

Seriously, I hope this event is a huge success! Keep fighting the good fight Krysta. :D

M

McX

MKE i see the loitering charge was dropped. glad to hear that for you, i would hang out here, and comment further, but i dont need a loitering ticket right now Heh-heh.

MKEgal

Between here & Facebook I have 2 definite & 5 maybe.
Looks like this will be ending at 2pm when they close.
Or can we get a few more people?
(No ice cream this time either. Too cold. I might see about brownies, & of course the coffee shop serves hot beverages.)

Last edited:

1245A Defender

Well,,

You know I wont be able to attend this event,,, but
Krista, PM me a snail mail address.
I want to buy you diner.
My "thank you" for seeing this whole thing through.
Im glad my contribution to your defense did Not go to waste!
. Bob

Last edited:

MKEgal

FreeInAZ said:
And I know gauche as I carry not one but two Glocks often
Hey, I resemble that remark!

Defender - Taco Bell or sushi? :D
Will send you a PM, & I appreciate the offer, but you've already helped more than many people.

E6chevron

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Defender - Taco Bell or sushi? :D
Will send you a PM, & I appreciate the offer, but you've already helped more than many people.

I will do my best to be there. Thank you for not scheduling the party on my birthday, like last time. Are you going to simulcast over the internet, as the guests arrive?

MKEgal

Talked with Bob today, & I'm glad I did.
There was a miscommunication, so while we're welcome to stay on the property after the shop officially closes (2pm) we will only be allowed inside to use the bathroom, & there will be no food or drink served.
(On the good side, there will be live music.)

There is a picnic table outside. Since there aren't many people RSVP'd (I think about 6 between here & FB) I'm considering supplying some sort of food & drink.

E6chevron said:
Thank you for not scheduling the party on my birthday, like last time.
See the complaint box down there in the police dep't lobby?
Here's a piece of paper & a pen.
(But thanks for the reminder that we need a cake. What's your favorite flavor? Or would brownies be OK?)

Yeah, folks, I don't think most of you know about this.
Dave was one of my angels. (The other 2 of you know who you are.)
Made himself late to his own birthday party, on his birthday, because the blippin' jail wanted to delay releasing me until after the tow lot was closed. (How many hours was it after the deputy told you I'd be right out??) :mad: He sat there in the lobby & waited them out, even fixed their machine, then got me home before going to his party. (Then did more for me on Monday.)

Are you going to simulcast over the internet, as the guests arrive?
Ah, you know me and cameras... we don't get along unless I'm behind the lens.
Besides, I don't have the technology to do that.
But you know, people in this group are known to carry recording devices... :rolleyes:

MKEgal

The weather guessers on TV are saying Sunday will likely have rain most of the day.
Even though it's supposed to be close to 60, I'm not inclined to stand (or sit) around chatting outdoors in that, so this may wrap up when they close at 2.

FreeInAZ

The weather guessers on TV are saying Sunday will likely have rain most of the day.
Even though it's supposed to be close to 60, I'm not inclined to stand (or sit) around chatting outdoors in that, so this may wrap up when they close at 2.

Maybe there's a local McDonalds or other restaurant near by that follows state law you guys could "fall back to" if it rained? I know when I used to plan events back in MI. where the weather seems to change every 5 min, this was always a good idea. ;)

Good luck & hope this goes well.

Kind regards from the land of sun & guns :cool:

Last edited:

MKEgal

Hadn't thought of that

There's a Starbuck's near the baseball stadium, but I wouldn't exactly call that nearby.
And while I have been there OC, I don't know how they'd feel about a group of us.

The closest Culver's I can think of is at 124th & Capitol.
Also not exactly nearby, but definitely OC friendly.

We can talk about it Sunday.

ETA: Oh, Dave... I picked up your cookies today. :D

Last edited:

E6chevron

Well, the brownie and cookie buffet was very nice. We had a nice turnout, even had Milwaukee Police Department officer drop by.

At closing time (2 Pm) we went to the Culver's at 55th and Fond du Lac Ave. but found out it was a franchise store, and was protected by signs on the doors. Decided they didn't need our business, and headed east on Capitol Drive to the Culver's in Shorewood near the Milwaukee River. Explained to the staff how to make a black cow, (they called it a root beer shake) and then we talked and solved most of the world's problems.

P. S. the details of solving the world's problems will be in my next manifesto, watch for it it on ebay.

Law abider

PISTOLS
MUST
STAY
IN
HOLSTERS!

I can't believe I even have to say that. :uhoh:

Believe!! Just believe!! I have heard of stories on this blog on people showing off their guns. and keep repeating it... Good to hear about the meet and greet. jealous not able to come!!!! have patience!! I will come!!

protias

To use the bathroom.
We offered him a brownie, but he turned it down.
He either didn't notice that the 6 of us were sitting there armed, or was being cool.

Probably wasn't the first time that has happened in Milwaukee. :p