• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

His name is Obama.

eye95

I loathe everything that this man stands for, but his name is Obama, and it is juvenile to call him anything else.

When someone plays games with his name, it does not make me dislike his policies any more. I do, however, lose respect for the person using such a junior-high tactic.

We should try to win arguments with rationality.

j4l

I just call him jackasss and look forward to his departure to something more his speed..hot dog vendor, newspaper delivery...something within his level of skillsets.. this,just isnt one of them.

jbone

I just call him jackasss and look forward to his departure to something more his speed..hot dog vendor, newspaper delivery...something within his level of skillsets.. this,just isnt one of them.
I'm also very fond of calling him jackass, but still prefer calling him illegal. I wonder how many fitting names have been given this fraud of a man?

HeroHog

It is a sign of disrespect. I have no problems with it as I do NOT respect him. It's a LOT nicer than what I would LIKE to call him but speaking the truth could get you arrested because he IS the president...

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

It is a sign of disrespect.

+1

I wonder if Reagan new all those years ago when he declared the Federal Government (which he was part of at the time), is the enemy. Such an accomplishment should not go without attribution to such a fine man who has given the Republicans some 'thing' to believe in.

The Federal Government, and its branches are necessary. Some might argue that they are not, but I argue that they are. I think it's a wonderful thing that our Founding Fathers structured the Federal Government the way that they had. If a person doesn't like how the Federal Government works, then travel around the world a bit, and see how well places like N. Korea, Iran, Afghanistans ('democracy') is working out for all of them. If you don't have funds, just travel south of the border, and see all of the wonderful things the Mexican Government has done for its people.

The power might come from the bottom-up, but the Representatives that we elect are voted in, and are the to 'represent' 'us'.

eye95

It is an age-old trick to gather the group you wish to dispatch in one area, making their disposal easier. Not that I would want to physically dispose of anyone here. However, regard for anything they have to say can be disposed of easily now.

This thread drew precisely the expected reaction. Bye, guys.

KYKevin

I was never into name calling. It is childish. Everyone complains no matter who is president. It is funny that when things are going well we say that is america at work but when things go wrong or not to our liking we point fingers at someone. Remember the constitution says WE THE PEOPLE. When things go wrong we should look into a mirror because we are the ones who either brought it on or are the ones who can make a change. I am not a democrat but I do believe in the process. He won and that is that. I am not going to spend four years being bitter about it. I never got this whole blame the president thing any way. It is just not him up there. He is not a king. Both demcrats and republicans are making the laws we fuss and complain about. It is up to us to fix it if we don't like it. I so what? He hasn't taken my guns away and I honestly don't see him doing it even if he gets another four years.

We the people would do well to remember that it is us who have brought ourselves to this point. Not bush or clinton, or even obama. It is we the people. If things are bad or need fixing then we need to fix it. not look to who is president now or in the future.

Also I never got the whole democrat, republican issue over 2A. I know people from both parties that oc. 2A is a constitutional issue and we should look at it that way and that way only. The parties love to keep people devided on such subjects. We need to stop playing into it. It is an American issue, a Constitutional issue. But at no time should we ever let it become a party issue.

Just my pathetic rant and two cents for all it's worth.

Last edited:

SavageOne

When Bush W. was in office, he was continually called things like "war criminal", "Nazi", "murderer", etc. As I recall many on the right decried this(justly so) as being disrespectful to the man serving in the highest office of the land. I find it just as disrespectful when Obama is also the victim of name calling. The man was legally elected President of the United States. He is both your's and my President. Doing the same thing to him that the left did to Bush W. makes you no better than them. And this is all coming from a guy who absolutely doesn't agree with any policy of this President, but I do respect the office.

I'm not saying that if you think the man a jackass, you don't call him a jackass. Such terms articulate a more complex opinion of a person as a whole. I am talking about "Obummer" and the like, they are only childish attacks the same as those made against Bush W..

While they may seem witty to the rabid opposition of Obama, they still demean the POTUS. I'm not asking you to respect the man, but for God's sake respect the office.

jbone

Jeezus, get it right, Obama is Hitler, not Saddam:cuss:

Wow! He must have found the fountain of youth and a darn good reconstructive surgeon. His polices sure make better sense now.

Bottom line is this, he and his past 111th, and Administration has had no qualms calling American's some absolutely despicable names over the past two years. It was their disrespect for America that earned him the disrespect, distrust, and the many fitting names. This please don’t call him names campaign is PC crap!
The Office of the President is respected and will always remain so with me. But, the man that holds the office is not required to be respected. Especially when that man has diarrria of the mouth, taking a bogus “America Apologies” tour around the world, and sit by to watch a Mexican President scold and disrespect America’s on American soil. He credits himself in dishonoring the country and every American past and present.

KYKevin

While they may seem witty to the rabid opposition of Obama, they still demean the POTUS. I'm not asking you to respect the man, but for God's sake respect the office.

I agree. We should always respect the process and the office or anyone else for that matter. I guess it was just the way I was raised. It costs nothing to show a little respect and it raises us above those who don't.

eye95

Yes. Even if the occupant does not respect the Office, we should.

As someone else pointed out in this thread, it is still up to We, the People. We get the presidents we deserve. If we want a better president, let's be a better People.

Chap

President Yes

But not for long.

I believe he is a waste of Oxygen.

It is a proven fact he Lies and is trying to run this Great Nation into debt and more debt.

Chap

KYKevin

As someone else pointed out in this thread, it is still up to We, the People. We get the presidents we deserve. If we want a better president, let's be a better People.

I agree. Now someone get eye a new carrot. He has been sucking on that one long enough. It has got to be rotten by now. :)

KYKevin

jbone;1527624[FONT=Tahoma said:
Bottom line is this, he and his past 111th, and Administration has had no qualms calling American's some absolutely despicable names over the past two years. It was their disrespect for America that earned him the disrespect, distrust, and the many fitting names. This please don’t call him names campaign is PC crap! [/FONT]

The Office of the President is respected and will always remain so with me. But, the man that holds the office is not required to be respected. Especially when that man has diarrria of the mouth, taking a bogus “America Apologies” tour around the world, and sit by to watch a Mexican President scold and disrespect America’s on American soil. He credits himself in dishonoring the country and every American past and present.

Names only hurt me if I let them. As far as pc goes I have never beed called pc. lol I gotta show this to my friends. They know I am very un pc and will get a good laugh at me being called pc. But I have never confused pc with respect. Being respectful was around long before being pc was.

Bogus "America apologies" tour sounds like it says to me that we are saying we are sorry for something but don't mean it. Sound like every politician I can think of. Well if the other countries buy it then I am ok with it. That is politics. They prob know we don't mean it any way. As far as the mexican president goes step up and write em. Tell em what you think. Far as I am concerned about is that he has way too many problems in his own country to worry about. I would find anything he said about us very hard to take seriously. I mean the drug cartels have more power than him. You know that secretly he wishes his coutry was as good as ours.

And as far as me being dishonored. Well I am the only one who can dishonor myself. No one else can do that for me.

I do however respect your opinions. We just happen to disagree. That is the great thing about this country. We can disagree and still keep our heads.

Last edited:

jbone

It is an age-old trick to gather the group you wish to dispatch in one area, making their disposal easier. Not that I would want to physically dispose of anyone here. However, regard for anything they have to say can be disposed of easily now.

This thread drew precisely the expected reaction. Bye, guys.

You already said good bye!
Yes, you sure got what you came for, and I supposed already turned over the names just as those fearing Saddam! And maybe we got some important information about your motives and loyalties.

Last edited:

Gunslinger

I loathe everything that this man stands for, but his name is Obama, and it is juvenile to call him anything else.

When someone plays games with his name, it does not make me dislike his policies any more. I do, however, lose respect for the person using such a junior-high tactic.

We should try to win arguments with rationality.

You can call him Mr. President, Dear Leader or Barry, as you choose. I prefer the descriptive derivative, 'obooba.' Respecting the office has nothing to do with respect, or repugnance, for the holder. I don't attack his wife--despite my dislike for her, or children, as that is clearly unfair and out of bounds. Once you become a public figure, you become a public target for praise or ridicule. He is a boob, imo, and the reference apt. William Buckley once called John Lindsey an "idiot," in the classical, Greek definition of the word. Mr. Obama's actions and convictions have earned him the nickname given by me.