• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin: Some Lawmakers Threatening a Return to the Dark Days of Doyle! (NRA)

KBCraig

I'm amazed that NRA-ILA can push so hard for constitutional carry in WI, yet totally derail it in NH, and screw up OC efforts in FL and TX at the same time.

oak1971

I have been a skeptic of the NRA's motivations of late, but maybe this will put some steel in the spines of squeamish RINO's......maybe.

protias

I'm amazed that NRA-ILA can push so hard for constitutional carry in WI, yet totally derail it in NH, and screw up OC efforts in FL and TX at the same time.
They've been losing ground with the grassroots efforts like those in AZ, WI, and many others. People kept thinking they were only in it for the money, and were probably right. They are finally getting on the bandwagon of what the people need instead of telling them what they can have.

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
Then there should be no more concessions made to SB 93 not with such a big gorilla standing guard. We'll see how big this gorilla really is or see that it's all smoke and mirrors.:exclaim:

ccwinstructor

Centurion
I hope they learned from New Hampshire

I have been a skeptic of the NRA's motivations of late, but maybe this will put some steel in the spines of squeamish RINO's......maybe.

This is realy great! I hopethey learned from New Hampshire. Wisconsin has positive momentum going for Constitutional carry. Now is when we need to push hard.

I am very impressed with Senator Galloway so far!

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I emailed 5 of them ( Pam Galloway NOT one of them ) & told them flat out that if they don't support SB93 their days in office are numbered , I said gun owners in this state want Constitutional carry, not Mandated training or permits & if they voted against SB93 guns owners will vote against them in the next elections. I made it as simple as possible for these Morons to understand.

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
I think it is important to remember that anyone in the Assembly or the Senate who takes a stand on an emotionally-charged issue is going to get letters and emails questioning the character of their mother and promising to vote them out of office. Whether we happen to like it or not, in their world it is an occupational hazard and they learn to deal with it.

I think one of the reasons Nik and WCI have been so successful in such a short period of time is they don't stoop to that level. If they wish to act, they act. If they wish to educate, they do that as well. One thing they don't do is issue idle threats that get their emails and letters filed immediately into the "IGNORE" pile.

The facts are on our side and we need many, many letters pointing out those facts as a counter to the hysterical fears of the anti's. If we simply threaten those who aren't supporting us, we make it very easy for the anti's to brand us as "nuts" and use that as a justification to vote against constitutional carry.

Outdoorsman1

I think it is important to remember that anyone in the Assembly or the Senate who takes a stand on an emotionally-charged issue is going to get letters and emails questioning the character of their mother and promising to vote them out of office. Whether we happen to like it or not, in their world it is an occupational hazard and they learn to deal with it.

I think one of the reasons Nik and WCI have been so successful in such a short period of time is they don't stoop to that level. If they wish to act, they act. If they wish to educate, they do that as well. One thing they don't do is issue idle threats that get their emails and letters filed immediately into the "IGNORE" pile.

The facts are on our side and we need many, many letters pointing out those facts as a counter to the hysterical fears of the anti's. If we simply threaten those who aren't supporting us, we make it very easy for the anti's to brand us as "nuts" and use that as a justification to vote against constitutional carry.

X1000

Outdoorsman1

phred

Well said, and true!

hardballer

I emailed 5 of them ( Pam Galloway NOT one of them ) & told them flat out that if they don't support SB93 their days in office are numbered , I said gun owners in this state want Constitutional carry, not Mandated training or permits & if they voted against SB93 guns owners will vote against them in the next elections. I made it as simple as possible for these Morons to understand.

I believe there is a place for diplomacy and a place for direct, argumentative, confrontational, ultimatums as well. I am tired of these *%(&%&'s saying one thing to get elected and doing the exact opposite once the have secured the seat. I do not like it. Not one bit.

So, ultimately, if they do not fear their removal. They feel invincible regardless of their actions and will do as they please as opposed to what "We The People" want. Yeah, "We The People", the ones who voted them in. They are servants Dammit! Servants. Not special in any other way. So, if they do not take us seriously, then vote their azz out!

ccwinstructor

Centurion
These emails make Nik and WCI look very reasonable

I believe there is a place for diplomacy and a place for direct, argumentative, confrontational, ultimatums as well. I am tired of these *%(&%&'s saying one thing to get elected and doing the exact opposite once the have secured the seat. I do not like it. Not one bit.

So, ultimately, if they do not fear their removal. They feel invincible regardless of their actions and will do as they please as opposed to what "We The People" want. Yeah, "We The People", the ones who voted them in. They are servants Dammit! Servants. Not special in any other way. So, if they do not take us seriously, then vote their azz out!

It doesn't hurt to move Nik and WCI to the "center". These emails make them look very reasonalble. Polititcians like to deal with reasonable people.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran

We have all been educating them with 100's if not 1000's of nice emails, letters & phone calls for many months & some of us for Many Years! if they have NOT gotten it by now they are NEVER going to get it. YOUR kissing their butts Now only mean's to them that your willing to take less, that you have no heart, that you can be swayed.....All they understand at this point are statements of fact from passionate people, that if you don't vote my way ...YOUR GONE ! Idle threats NOTHING. The Fitzgerald Brothers have an agenda, one that does NOT include what the people want, they now do not want to appear too extreme in the eyes of the Libs, only threats now will get us SB93 as Law..they are listening to threats from the libs to throw them out...THEY ONLY UNDERSTAND THREATS AT THIS POINT !
Come on people ...time to grow a pair, this is crunch time! If we do not get Constitutional carry it's people like scm54449's fault for not standing up & DEMANDING What is right ! Politicians like dealing with reasonable people because reasonable people can easily be persuaded to take what the politician feels like giving.....& that's called being a PUSH OVER !

So your saying that if we don't get Constitutional carry it will be because NIK & WCI did not take a hard enough line ? That's the problem I have with an organization speaking for the rest of us..when that Organization appears that it is not firm on the issue ..then you have lost the high ground.

Last edited:

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
I believe if passed with the amendments, SB 93 will give Wisconsin the 5th best concealed carry law in the country behind only Arizona, Alaska, Vermont, and WY. Of course our individual members as always make decisions for themselves, but as an organization, I believe we would be doing a disservice and risking all our progress to come against SB 93 with the new amendment.

As members of WCI we are represented as a group, I trust WCI because I trust it's members, We have come a long way and the fight will never be over, WCI speaks for us as a group< But doesn't stand in our way as individuals as to how we express to our legislators of what we want. ( As long as it's lawful)

Last edited:

oak1971

I am willing to push this bill to the end. When it becomes law and the sheeple and Rinos realize guns are not scary and evil, then we can push for no restrictions and an end to the waiting period.

I would have loved to get everything we wanted, but this is so close and the timing is tight enough that we should take it.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Just got another letter from the people you want me to be nice to..Senator Dave Hansen (D) Will not support permit- less Concealed Carry or any other type of Concealed carry, does NOT believe that guns will make people safer & he believes that self defense should be a PRIVILEGE yes, I said it correctly..He stated in his letter that he supported the The PRIVILEGE of self defense act ( Castle Doctrine ). So these are the Idiots that you want me to suck up to ? NEVER GONNA HAPPEN ! Unless we all work as a unified front - NO COMPROMISE - a permit with training is what they are going to give us. & It won't be my fault !!

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

I am willing to push this bill to the end. When it becomes law and the sheeple and Rinos realize guns are not scary and evil, then we can push for no restrictions and an end to the waiting period.

I would have loved to get everything we wanted, but this is so close and the timing is tight enough that we should take it.

+1

The key is, don't give up or we'll either get nothing or SB90. Keep the pressure on. 'They' still can amend SB93.

Last edited: