• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First look at Surry Side

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I was laughing with Grapeshot and River Rat the other day about my teasers.
I NEVER put the real clips online. Lots of reasons but I just don't do it....until today. Here's a short clip during the opening.

This is a part of Surry Side that goes to the DVD duplicating company after I have the final meeting with the participants and move on their recommendations.

I won't leave this up long, so look at it soon if you want to see it.

[video=vimeo;31376306]http://vimeo.com/31376306[/video]

Cmdr_Haggis

I was laughing with Grapeshot and River Rat the other day about my teasers.
I NEVER put the real clips online. Lots of reasons but I just don't do it....until today. Here's a short clip during the opening.

This is a part of Surry Side that goes to the DVD duplicating company after I have the final meeting with the participants and move on their recommendations.

I won't leave this up long, so look at it soon if you want to see it.

[snipped video]

Nice video, Peter! I must say, this is the first thing I've seen on my computer which rattled the contents of my desk drawers! Numerous years of playing video games and watching movies, but none of that had quite the bass drop that this video has! It was a nice underscore to the message of the video.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Nice video, Peter! I must say, this is the first thing I've seen on my computer which rattled the contents of my desk drawers! Numerous years of playing video games and watching movies, but none of that had quite the bass drop that this video has! It was a nice underscore to the message of the video.

You need to thank my composer for it Cmdr. I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.:lol:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Oh, I hear you there. I can't sing either and only do that in the shower. The water pressure drops in protest... :)

BTW, the voice at the very end is our own USER who became the director just before he gave his prepared statement. Like most things Dan does, it's very moving, accurate and blunt.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
What I really want to know is, what is "the clacky thing" ????

clapboard_film_movie_slate_postcard-p239194613210573438qibm_400.jpg

It's called a clapper!

You clack them to create a spike on the audio line so you can sync the audio to the video.
I use software to do that so all I have to do is make an unusual noise. Diabetics can't eat beans, so I just said "ON".:eek:

TFred

clapboard_film_movie_slate_postcard-p239194613210573438qibm_400.jpg

It's called a clapper!

You clack them to create a spike on the audio line so you can sync the audio to the video.
I use software to do that so all I have to do is make an unusual noise. Diabetics can't eat beans, so I just said "ON".:eek:
In all these years of seeing countless thousands of "Take 482" in TV shows and movies with scenes about making TV shows and movies... this is the first time I've ever heard why they have to make the clacky sound. Easy to understand why they need the data written on the board, scene #, date, time, etc, but never knew about the sound sync! Makes perfect sense! The things you learn on OCDO!

TFred

Felix

BTW, the voice at the very end is our own USER ...

I knew that voice was familiar but seemed to be a bit 'enhanced' from what I remembered after one quick introduction over a year ago. Maybe it's just the low-quality speakers on my laptop.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'm sorry I missed the teaser. When will the premier be?

Very soon John.
I'm in the process of giving the Sheriff, the Clerk and Poindexter, all of which appear to have broken at least one law, the chance to tell their side.

I don't think any will but I have to allow them the opportunity. Aside from that, it's deer season and I hunt nearly every day....unless it's hot:mad:

Other than the Surry 3, it's finished.