• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I've noticed a trend..

Sorcice

While sitting at Denny's reading or shooting the sh*t I'll get up to walk outside or to the bathroom etc. While doing this more than a few times people notice my OCed sidearm and I hear "That's that new concealed carry I heard about.". I always chuckle in my head and when I return I occasionally get the "Are you a cop or security or is that the new conceal carry thing?" I start with the difference between OC and CC and then explain OC has been legal in WI over a decade now to which I get moon eyes.

Anyone else having this happen?

oliverclotheshoff

i have gotten a few dirty looks at the kwik trip in new lisbon while waiting in line from other customers other than that no one really notices and i OC more than i CC
i did have one almost bad experience at said gas station i was walking thru with my kids getting some drinks and this guy followed me thru the store and looked like cat ready to pounce at the first sight of trouble i think he may have thought i was going to rob the place or something i was OCing he kind of had a crazed MMA fighter look on his face

Last edited:
M

McX

i've noticed carry somewhere into a store, and the clerks will fall over themselves to help you. it's nice to be loved.

Interceptor_Knight

.... I start with the difference between OC and CC and then explain OC has been legal in WI over a decade now to which I get moon eyes.
I am not aware of OC ever being prohibited by State law which is to say that it has always been legal. Perhaps you were thinking about the fact that local ordinances have been prohibited since November 30th 1995.

protias

I was in Lizzy's waiting for others to show up, so as I was sitting at the counter reading the paper, some other patrons were talking amongst themselves how carry is now legal. They never asked me any questions, so I minded my own business and went on reading the paper.

E6chevron

I was in Lizzy's waiting for others to show up, so as I was sitting at the counter reading the paper, some other patrons were talking amongst themselves how carry is now legal. They never asked me any questions, so I minded my own business and went on reading the paper.

With all of your experience and knowledge, I am somewhat suprised, that you did not at least look scary, or threatening.

At least a growl? :lol:

carpman15

ive never had anyone say anything to me i have had people walk past me a second time at woodmans to see if it really was a gun they saw but other than that i dont have any problems i do tend to conceal more than open just because when im at work i cant carry and my iwb holster is easiest to take off and put on but on weekends i generally open carry as far as not being able to carry at work - yes it sucks but i am a mechanic so it would end up getting ruined or something so it doesnt bother me too much

XDFDE45

Oddly with me OCing around MKE as much as I do I have only been asked questions a handful of times
dontknow.gif

rcav8r

At woodmans a couple of months ago, I got passed by the same guy 3 times, and he was eyeballing my holstered XD45 everytime.

Other than ol' Norman, nobody has commented on it, or at least that I could hear.

protias

I had to get gas on the way home from the Delavan event today. As I was cleaning my windows, a guy pulls into the gas station and walks up to me to ask where something was. I told him I didn't know. I have my bright orange WCI shirt and OCing. Seems like he was real afraid of me right WAVE?

HolyOrangeJuice

I'll be walking and see people's heads go straight to my hip. Or sometimes I'll be minding my own business and look at someone who then tries their hardest to ignore or avoid me instead of being caught catching a glimpse of me. People are so funny. Its just a tool. How come you don't care about my pocket knife or multitool?

DangerClose

i did have one almost bad experience at said gas station i was walking thru with my kids getting some drinks and this guy followed me thru the store and looked like cat ready to pounce at the first sight of trouble i think he may have thought i was going to rob the place or something i was OCing he kind of had a crazed MMA fighter look on his face

Understandable. Lots of criminals rob gas stations with their kids along.

oliverclotheshoff

just today garage saleing in new lisbon i got a "hey is that one of those concealed carry guns" i covered it with my shirt and said now it is then i explained the difference all while standing across the street from a grade school which i also graciously explained to her and her husband

fadepoint89

I just had this happen at the gas station. "Concealed carry"?"

"Nope this is called open carry."

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Grizz272

Must of the time people ignore me when I am OC. However a couple of weeks ago I stopped at a Brat fry and the guy behind the counter saw the 1911 I was carrying. His eyes were kind of big and he was nervous but the funny part he would look any where but at the gun. I thought for sure he was going to say something but he did not.