• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone up for a meet in Tri-Cities area

pfries

We seem to have a small presence in the Tri-Cities area. I would like to put some names with faces and meet a few likeminded people. I personally would like to start pushing toward making change through our legislative body, however on TFA’s site there is no action in the Tri-Cities area.
If anyone one is interested in meeting up, and this does not mean because you wish to be politically active, let me know and we can set a date, time, and place.
Thanks
Patrick D. Fries

SovereignAxe

I'm up for it. I have a wedding coming up this Friday and will be gone on honeymoon until the 7th. After that I'm free Wednesday and Thursdays.

pfries

Well I believe congratulations are in order,

As we do not seem to have a large number (well the decent hand full in the area)
checking in regularly let’s keep this rolling until after your festivities and set a firm date and place at that point.

Again Congratulations to you and the misses.

Pat

SovereignAxe

Well I believe congratulations are in order,

As we do not seem to have a large number (well the decent hand full in the area)
checking in regularly let’s keep this rolling until after your festivities and set a firm date and place at that point.

Again Congratulations to you and the misses.

Pat

Well thank you.

Yeah, we don't have that many. It's you, me, Nascar24Glock and I think maybe one or two other guys. My brother OCs as too, so I might be able to bring him along as well.

pfries

Well thank you.

Yeah, we don't have that many. It's you, me, Nascar24Glock and I think maybe one or two other guys. My brother OCs as too, so I might be able to bring him along as well.

The more the merrier,
I have one friend that is a VA resident but for all intensive purposes he lives in JC with his girlfriend.
Although he is not an advocate of OC he is not against it, nor does he objects to it and I will try to get him to come along as well.
One I am actively trying to convert.
I also have a few I work with that carry but have not scoped out the issue of OC with that I may try to hit up.
I would like to see the community on this side of the state get together and those that are willing to get involved.
So the offer stands and upon your return we can set a date, time and place.
Pat

pfries

How does 10/11/12 work for everyone

Well as it says how does 10/11/12 work for everyone? (easy to remember...)
I am open to suggestions for a place and I feel evenings would work best for most.
Please chime in.

SovereignAxe

10/11/12 works for me.

Some of the best places in Johnson City include Crazy Tomato, Johnny Brusco's, Five Guys, Cootie Brown's. I've OCed in all of those except Johnn Brusco's, all without problems.

Although if cheap and good is what everyone wants, Cook Out is the way to go.

pfries

10/11/12 works for me.

Some of the best places in Johnson City include Crazy Tomato, Johnny Brusco's, Five Guys, Cootie Brown's. I've OCed in all of those except Johnn Brusco's, all without problems.

Although if cheap and good is what everyone wants, Cook Out is the way to go.

Any of the above will work for me, a cookout will limit our options as JC's parks are a no go IIRC, I will look it up here in a bit, I am not however opposed to a cookout at a private residence if that is what works best.

SovereignAxe

Any of the above will work for me, a cookout will limit our options as JC's parks are a no go IIRC, I will look it up here in a bit, I am not however opposed to a cookout at a private residence if that is what works best.

I meant Cook Out, the fast food restaurant. They have a bunch of cheap food that still tastes pretty good. The only thing wrong with it is that it's always busy and in South Johnson City, right in front of ETSU. I'm not a big fan of the location as it's all really congested, but the food is great and dirt cheap.

As for JC's parks, AFAIK they are all posted.

pfries

Well any solid suggestions on time and place?
A few spots in Piney Flats that have ner had an issue (Mexican and Itialian).
1800 (6:00pm) or later works best for me.

pfries

Crazy Tomato 6:30 10/11/12

Crazy Tomato 6:30 10/11/12,

Please chime in if you are going to come. I will be there, and hope to meet some new people and put some names and faces with screen names.

Pat

SovereignAxe

Please chime in if you are going to come. I will be there, and hope to meet some new people and put some names and faces with screen names.

Pat

I'll be there. My wife will be late, as she gets off work at 7pm, but she wouldn't miss Crazy Tomato for anything.

Nascar24Glock

Pat

Put me down as a maybe. Part of it will depend on how long a meeting goes that I have to attend (starts at 4 P.M., usually lasts about an hour and therefore SHOULDN'T be a problem; but, I still have to see and check with a few other things).

Nascar24Glock

Put me down as a maybe. Part of it will depend on how long a meeting goes that I have to attend (starts at 4 P.M., usually lasts about an hour and therefore SHOULDN'T be a problem; but, I still have to see and check with a few other things).

Ok, I checked on the stuff I mentioned. I should be able to be there. See you Thursday.

Budman

New to forum

Hey Guys,

New to the forum.
Live in Kingsport. Fairly new to OC.
Noticed your posts about getting together for dinner.
Would love to meet at Crazy Tomato some night.(or other locale)
Let me know.

pfries

Sorry folks been real busy I would enjoy another meet up in the area after all I met a few good fellows last time round.
Thursdays still sound good, I would not be aginst setting up a Thursday every month and seeing if we can get the community to grow.
Pick a place and date.

p.s. anyone swung back by the Crazy Tomato?