• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Northern Nevada/ Reno area GTG?

HK_Tanker

Hey all. I haven't been on for a while. Been busy with things. I was wondering if anyone in the area wanted to try and organize another get together/meet and greet or possibly an off roading/ range day. Thanks for your input.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Hey all. I haven't been on for a while. Been busy with things. I was wondering if anyone in the area wanted to try and organize another get together/meet and greet or possibly an off roading/ range day. Thanks for your input.
Best way to do that is take the bull by the horns. Pick a place, date and time - build it and they will come.

HK_Tanker

Ok. Well let's see if this works for some people, if not I can reschedule the date. How does next weekend, Saturday the 11th sound? I'm thinking about a small range day/ off roading trip in south town. We can meet up at anight easy to find location(I'll post details once I get a few people interested in going. Quick run down: meet up at about 0900-0930ish top off on fuel and if needed ammo. Travel to the outdoor range, have some fun(safely of course) police up brass and trash. Then hit the trails to end up in Virginia City. Browse around there for a bit sharing the OC knowledge and talking with people. Then possibly going the back way into Dayton/Carson city. Go our separate ways after that or do something else. We can do a picknic style lunch on the trail or find somewhere in VC. If there's any questions or suggestions/changes you'd like to see, chime in, let me know. As for off road capabilities of your vehicle it's not too bad of a trail. I've been on it multiple times before. Im scouting it out this weekend to check conditions. Mainly anything with decent ground clearance and AWD or 4wd is necessary. Along with good tires. If my Subaru Forester can do it. You be the judge if your vehicle can. Also not being afraid to get your vehicle dirty and or possibly scratched up, because it may happen. :D This is all just a base plan we can build on, not set in stone yet.

HK_Tanker

No one's interested? The date and location/ list of events is just something I threw together. If someone else has any suggestions or whatever feel free to pitch in. We can do a BBQ of some sort or whatever.

xcstar

I would be interested but I don't think my Altima would make it. I'm new to open carry and would like to meet some others

HK_Tanker

Ok. No worries. We can skip the off roading. I just know theres a bunch of people who have 4wds out here. I'm just trying to get as many people as we can together to meet each other, share knowledge, and set a good example. If you've got something in mind or a place you've been to that supports OCing or whatever. Let me know. There's a bunch of people in town who open carry. Just not sure of anyone's schedule. So this weekend is just a suggestion. We can plan for another time. Or this weekend and another time.