• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State police looking for law changes to expand their rule over gun permits.

smokeyburnout

Quoted from wtnh
http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/politi...o-sandy-hook-advisory-commission#.UTIMUue9Kc0

The state police chief's association says they would like the state to expand the criteria they can use to consider when issuing gun permits.

"So as the issuing authority we, on a routine basis, when we are exploring the suitability of an applicant, we can take a look at who their associates are, is there anybody in their household who would be disqualified from owning a weapon, what are their work habits, are there issues of domestic violence," said Chief Matthew Reed, Conn. Police Chief Association.

So apparently they would like the ability to deny you your 2nd amendment rights if your late to work, dont have a job, or maybe your boss doesn't like you.

motoxmann

when I was waiting for my permit, my PD went past the deadline. they called me and told me the delay was because they were having issues determining my suitibility because I'd never met any of my managers in person. I'm a subcontractor for a national company, all communication is via phone, email, and company website. the detective did speak to all 3 of my managers though over the phone and all 3 gave me superb references. I stated several times to the detective "I don't see why the hell that matters, that has nothing to do with my suitibility". they didn't like that so much. I then harassed the PD for my dates several times in one day, and the next day I got the call to pick up my permit.

this is just an attempt to copy NY's way of doing things for a pistol permit, where they do a 6-9 month long investigation on the person to determine if they can genuinely be trusted with a gun.
if this passes, the only thing it will accomplish is a drastically longer wait time after applying, and much lower % of people getting approved, and a LOT of pissed off citizens

davidmcbeth

Banned
they call your boss , your boss is an anti-gunner...then he fires you. It would be legal.

The BFPE has already ruled that their questionnaire's query about your employer is not a mandatory question.

motoxmann

they call your boss , your boss is an anti-gunner...then he fires you. It would be legal.

The BFPE has already ruled that their questionnaire's query about your employer is not a mandatory question.

yeah I know, and I knew that at that time too. and often times putting your employment information on your application will actually hurt your chances and/or make it take longer. honestly, I only included my employment info for sheer amusement because I know my managers are pro-gun, and were actually shocked I hadn't gotten my permit yet after having my job for several years and putting myself in higher risk situations. it was fun hearing the random crap the detective asked my managers, and the replies. sucks that that took up several days' worth of additional time waiting for my permit though.