• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Huntington Woods Tuesday December 21, 2010

sprinklerguy28

Unfortunately the same date as Taylor. However we must gather attendance to this as well.

Hunting Woods Library 8:00 p.m.

Hunting Woods has a proposal on the agenda to send to the state that reads:

Firearms Prohibition: Matter of urging the Michigan State Legislature to allow local units of government to
prohibit the carrying of weapons in public festivals and events.

Agenda

TheQ

Unfortunately the same date as Taylor. However we must gather attendance to this as well.

Hunting Woods Library 8:00 p.m.

Hunting Woods has a proposal on the agenda to send to the state that reads:

Firearms Prohibition: Matter of urging the Michigan State Legislature to allow local units of government to
prohibit the carrying of weapons in public festivals and events.

Agenda

I'll put it on my calendar and try to make it. You going to be there?

army74

Ill be there tuesday do you know where i can get something to eat in the area. Im also dealing with the PPD here saying because i carry on my right its concealed because the cant see it from the left.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
yeah, they're full of it. Carry a riffle into their station. They'll see it from all directions ;)

I'm down with a long gun carry protest at Pontiac PD. Just say the word Army74. WHAT A BUNCH OF IDIOTS to even utter such gibberish! It is my hope that this is a lack of training on the part of a couple of officers and not them acting on orders from their superiors? Good lord, the OAKLAND Co. Sheriffs can't take over soon enough in my honest opinion! Until they learn the law may I suggest, carrying two pistols one on each side, that way they can always see one.....WTF?

Haman J.T.

Left a message with MOC treasurer that I'll go to either one as long as I can get a ride(can't drive after 7pm yet).

DanM

I'm down with a long gun carry protest at Pontiac PD.

I think it's just some individual PPD officer(s) trying to see if they can get a rise. I OC in Pontiac quite often. I've never been arrested and neither has Army, that I'm aware of, for OC. With our multiple visits to city council, I'm sure Pontiac city leaders (council) and PD are well aware of OC and know not to f*** with law-abiders lest negative publicity and lawsuits descend upon them.

Like I said, I think this is just a case of some officer(s) spouting at the mouth, and as long as they are not detaining or arresting folks in Pontiac there's not a legal or civil-rights problem. Is there a problem with lack of professionalism in this? Yes. But we're talking about PPD. Is lack of professionalism really a surprise?

But, I wholeheartedly support you, my brothers, in exercising your right to peaceful protest, with whatever legal accoutrements you desire. Heck, I'm close so I would probably join in (probably OC'ing a handgun, though)! :)

NHCGRPR45

i am game for a pontiac council meeting, but isn't the OCSD takeing over the PPD going to fix the issue? i know some of there LE's will be drawn into OCSD but they will have to be trained into the new system and OC i am fairly certain will be brought up. and since glock and master are riding together hows about you 2 scoop me up also??:banana:

PDinDetroit

There were 6 of us there at the meeting. 3 of us spoke on the issue, including myself. The city commissioners and mayor welcomed us and were very respectful, even though they disagreed on the issue. They thanked us for coming to the meeting and even engaged in questions with us. Much different from other City Commission Meetings I have been to.

They voted unanimously to approve the resolution.