• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NewsOK - Governor Falin renews her support for open carry reform

Mike

Site Co-Founder
I wonder iof the House Republican leadership which is activley trying to stop all open carry bills will get the message?

http://newsok.com/fallin-backs-open-carry-idea-waits-for-measures-final-form/article/3550097

SNIP

Gov. Mary Fallin supports the concept of allowing Oklahomans to openly carry guns, her spokesman said Friday.

“I think we will wait and see what gets to her desk, but she supports the concept of open carry in general,” Alex Weintz, a Fallin spokesman, said Friday.

. . .

jcizzle

Sorry for my ignorance. I'm not contributing much to these threads other than questions. I'm still trying to figure out the processes for all of this.

Since none of the bills for OC passes by the 3/17 deadline, does that mean chances are gone until next year? If not, what happens now?

hrdware

Sb129

The Senate passed an OC Bill. Now that bill goes to the house for them to do something with. If it passes the House, it goes to the Gov for her signature.

Aknazer

The Senate passed an OC Bill. Now that bill goes to the house for them to do something with. If it passes the House, it goes to the Gov for her signature.

Since it's already passed the Senate is the house able to try and sit on it like they have with the other bills, or does it have to be voted on?

hrdware

Since it's already passed the Senate is the house able to try and sit on it like they have with the other bills, or does it have to be voted on?

It is my understanding that now it is in the House, it still has to go through the same process as if it originated in the House. This means they could sit on it if they wanted to. However if they do sit on it, it could make for some bad blood between the 2 houses.

Before it came out of the Senate, the title was stricken. Every bill has to have a title on it to become law. Also, since there is no title on it, the House can try and make amendments to it. Any amendments would also have to be approved by the Senate.

There are a lot of what if's that can go on here at this point....the first ones being, what if there is no hearing and what if the public safety committee tries to muck it up if they hear it.

hrdware

Just sent a message to the Governor requesting she urge the legislature to hear the OC bills. Also expressed my concern that a single person in a representative government can thwart the will of the people and the other elected representatives.

Don't know if it will do any good, but can't hurt.

JBURGII

Just sent a message to the Governor requesting she urge the legislature to hear the OC bills. Also expressed my concern that a single person in a representative government can thwart the will of the people and the other elected representatives.

Don't know if it will do any good, but can't hurt.

I will do the same, a little prodding from all angles doesn't hurt at all.

Tbox

I have never written or called any of our elected officials. Do you ever heard anything back from that or is it just in one ear and out the other?

OldCurlyWolf

I have never written or called any of our elected officials. Do you ever heard anything back from that or is it just in one ear and out the other?

It depends. The two in whose districts I reside(Senate & House) are both democrat elitist BS artists. I do not trust either one of them. From experience in past dealings. Others actually want to know what those in their districts think.

okiephlyer

I have written and called my representatives at both the state and national level. I tend to get more feedback from our US Senators that any others, but sometimes hear from all of them, just not on every issue.