• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

City Council Votes for Armed Guards to Patrol Newark Fast-Food Joints at Night

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Wouldn't it just be easier and cheaper to let the citizens arm themselves?

No. Because the People have a natural right to self defense, while an armed guard is constrained and restrained by his employer's contract as to what he can actually do. If you have ever worked private security you know that even though you are issued a handgun and cartridges there are so many rules and policies that say you cannot use it except if the moon is in a certain phase while in only three of the 12 signs of the zodiac, and you are standing on the approved leg with the other one properly bent behind your ear, etc., etc.

Armed guards make the sheep feel better,. and take the cost of "doing something" off the city and put it on folks who are going to have to raise prices to meet the new additional expense, which means they will lose customers who can no longer afford to buy fast food after 9 PM. And when these places go out of business and there is no more tax money coming in we (the restbof the country) are going to be told we need to bail them out because they are too big to fail and if they go down it will just be a matter of time before New York and Chicago and Los angeles and D.C. and all the others fail too.

After writing all that I am left wondering if it was worth the energy needed to chew through the restraint straps this morning. Maybe I should just stop fighting against the stupid.

stay safe.

Jack House

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...wark-Fast-Food-Joints-at-Night-125205659.html

"On the heels of an uptick in violence that claimed the life of an off-duty cop, Newark's city council voted Thursday to require all late-night restaurants that serve less than 20 people at a time to have an armed security guard posted from 9 p.m. to closing."

Don't forget to read the comments.
:banghead: Guess fast food joints are going to starting shutting their doors at 9 from now on.

In a state like New York, armed security has got to be prohibitively expensive for a fast food restaurant.

Dreamer

Since it's nearly impossible for individuals in NJ to get an "armed security guard permit", what this means is that nearly ALL this money being paid to "armed private security" is going to go into the pockets of off-duty LEOs...

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
No. Because the People have a natural right to self defense, while an armed guard is constrained and restrained by his employer's contract as to what he can actually do. If you have ever worked private security you know that even though you are issued a handgun and cartridges there are so many rules and policies that say you cannot use it except if the moon is in a certain phase while in only three of the 12 signs of the zodiac, and you are standing on the approved leg with the other one properly bent behind your ear, etc., etc.

Armed guards make the sheep feel better,. and take the cost of "doing something" off the city and put it on folks who are going to have to raise prices to meet the new additional expense, which means they will lose customers who can no longer afford to buy fast food after 9 PM. And when these places go out of business and there is no more tax money coming in we (the restbof the country) are going to be told we need to bail them out because they are too big to fail and if they go down it will just be a matter of time before New York and Chicago and Los angeles and D.C. and all the others fail too.

After writing all that I am left wondering if it was worth the energy needed to chew through the restraint straps this morning. Maybe I should just stop fighting against the stupid.

stay safe.

Yes, I agree with you. My point was if they simply allowed their citizens to be armed the crime rate would drop. Thus negating the need for armed security. I think you said the same thing with a lot more words :)

nobama

An armed guard or armed citizen wouldnt have been able to stop a drive-by. Might as well get the TSA out there. This is just a "feel good" way to let the sheep know they are being taken care of. They reap what they vote.

okboomer

You said it wethepeople any armed guard, o/d leo or even an armed citizen would not have been able to stop this particular shooting. But, arming the citizens has shown (FBI CRIME STATS) that violent crimes such as this do DECLINE and CITIZENS are safer!

Once again, demonizing the tool instead of the criminal ... :banghead::banghead::banghead: and asking the "little guy" to foot the bill ... :cuss:

Aknazer

What do the comments say? For some reason they aren't loading on my computer. And the thought of this new law is just retarded and is going to cause nothing but problems for the place.