• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Those who wrote constitution would have different interpretation of Second Amendment.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
http://www.vernonbroadcaster.com/articles/2010/07/21/opinion/02storyop.txt

EXCERPT said:
The present fight over the meaning of the second amendment to our constitution is a case in point. Two sides for sure, this not to be denied — but, why would we call our National Guard troops, guns in hand, to stem the daily slaughter in a major city, and not propose controls on handguns on the streets they walk. Is not the National Guard the ultimate in gun control? Is martial law on the horizon? Is it preferable to sound and sensible urban gun laws?
Better said and written than thought, but very well written! Too bad he's wrong.

M

McX

like the thread title, and agree whole heartedly. i think it gets in on a technical, as the 2nd has everything to do with open carry, and a ton of other things as i have learned on here over time.

M

McX

at least were seeing a swing of the pendelum back, and more and more people, elected officials, even police taking another look at the Constitution, and reading it as it was meant to be, not as the leftists had colorized it to be, in years past. and slowly common sense and the will of the people are being heard. nice to see the Constitution is back in vogue.

johnny amish

If we truly want a shift of attitude and ideas in this country it will take a full commitment from all of us everyday. We need to be in constant contact with our policy makers, letters to the editor, talking to friends, voting, and most importantly, oc'ing every chance possible. I have started to many conversations to count with complete strangers just because I was oc'ing, people are not affraid of this, more curious than anything. The lefts thoughts and ideas have been spreading through this country like a plague for many decades now, resulting in our loss of rights and liberties. We have an election comming up in November, we have a chance to make great change in this state, [not Obama change], it is our right and responsibility to do everything we can to get the word out. The time has come for us to unite and change the direction of this state. Carry on, carry proud and carry united. We will win.