• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AC Moore Greenville--Interesting Expereince...

Dreamer

So I stopped by AC Moore (art supplies) yesterday afternoon to pick up some paper for a letterpress project I was gong to work on this weekend. I've got three BIG pads of over-sized paper, a couple rolls of double-sided tape, some pencils, and a new Exacto knife under my arm, and I walk up to the checkout.

I lay all my art supplies on the checkout counter, and as the girl is ringing me up, she says, when she's got one of the pads of paper in her hand, "How do you like that?".

I assumse she's talking about the paper, and I say "well, it's not for drawing on, I'm using it to pack the bed of my printing press"...

She looks puzzled, and then says, "Oh, not the paper, your holster. I mean how do you like your Serpa?"

Wow... Was I floored!

We talked about it for a few minutes while she rang me up. Turns out SHE has one, and carries pretty regularly. She asked if it wore the finish on my gun, and I said yes, a little. She had a Serpa Sportster, andI told her I had a CQC (which is more of a duty-grade design). I told her about OCDO, and handed her a card...

Now THAT is the sort of "retailer interaction story" we need a LOT more of, eh?...

merc460

hehe, I bet that did catch you off guard. LOL Where does one get the file to print this card you spoke of? I have trifold pamphlets but have not seen anything on a card.

Dreamer

You guys are all PIGS...

Not really "hot", but sort of cute in that "girl next door" way. To be honest, I wouldn't try anything with her--she had that "healthy German girl" build--like she could kick your ass if you got out of line.... :lol:

And I think she said her boyfriend bought her the holster anyway. Which means HE probably carries too... :uhoh:

Last edited:

elixin77

Its all you elixin.

hmm... I'll have to check my hobby supply stock and maybe find an excuse to run over there sometime. My curiosity has piqued.

Even if she does have a significant other, its nice to know that a few members of the opposite sex are carrying