• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Time to OC.

Helljumper09

So about 6:30 seems to be the concensus. Does anyone have a preferred place to eat? I was thinking maybe Big Boys, Applebees or The WheeL Inn as they all have larger dining rooms. Anyplace is good really. Let me know so I can tell the people I'm bringing.

Last edited:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
So about 6:30 seems to be the concensus. Does anyone have a preferred place to eat? I was thinking maybe Big Boys, Applebees or The WheeL Inn as they all have larger dining rooms. Anyplace is good really. Let me know so I can tell the people I'm bringing.

My preference for what its worth is I would rather stay closer to St Johns or south (shorter drive, will be coming from Flint.). Also if some doesn't have a CPL they can't Carry at any place that sells booze, unless they get permission from the manager/owner.

But I'm open to any place.

Helljumper09

Venator, Have you ever been to Back In The Day Cafe in DeWitt? If your sayin St. Johns or south. They have some good food and should have enought space to hold us all. Please give your opinion on this place. Plus, I sort of know the owner thru my Dad. Let me know what you think.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Venator, Have you ever been to Back In The Day Cafe in DeWitt? If your sayin St. Johns or south. They have some good food and should have enought space to hold us all. Please give your opinion on this place. Plus, I sort of know the owner thru my Dad. Let me know what you think.
I have not been there, but have heard of it. Sounds good to me. I know a few people in Dewitt that may come as well.

Helljumper09

So we'll try to make it around 6:30 at Back in the day Cafe. do we wanna get a full meal then do the seminar or just say coffee and drinks. I kmow that if we do meals, it will help the owner in keeping the business open. The restaurant used to be owned by a friend of my dads and he retired from the business and this new Guy took it over. Owner is a nice guy and is we are getting to know him better. My Dad owns Cressman Excavating in DeWitt ( don't know if you have heard of it) and goes to the cafe every morning for breakfast and lunch. The owners know him and I petty well.

Helljumper09

Sorry Venator, back in the day cafe is only open until 2 pm on Saturday and Sunday. We will have to go somewhere in St. Johns to meet. I'm thinking the Wheel Inn on US 27 because they have a larger dining room for better seating. Let me know if this will work for you.

Last edited:

TheQ

Sorry Venator, back in the day cafe is only open until 2 pm on Saturday and Sunday. We will have to go somewhere in St. Johns to meet. I'm thinking the Wheel Inn on US 27 because they have a larger dining room for better seating. Let me know if this will work for you.

Wheel Inn have a Liquor License? (not that it bothers me...)

Helljumper09

TheQ, No teh Wheel Inn does not have a liquor licence. They are a sit down restaurant. I was just in a semi-arguement with a friend of mine, he was saying that I should let them know that the bunch of us will be coming in open carrying. I told him that we shouldn't have to because open carry is legal. Should I let them know or not? I don't feel I should have to tell them. He said that we would scare a bunch of people and that they would call the cops. He is not aware that open carry is legal so I gave him an OC trifold and he still insisted that we would have the cops called.

Last edited:

TheQ

TheQ, No teh Wheel Inn does not have a liquor licence. They are a sit down restaurant. I was just in a semi-arguement with a friend of mine, he was saying that I should let them know that the bunch of us will be coming in open carrying. I told him that we shouldn't have to because open carry is legal. Should I let them know or not? I don't feel I should have to tell them. He said that we would scare a bunch of people and that they would call the cops. He is not aware that open carry is legal so I gave him an OC trifold and he still insisted that we would have the cops called.

It's generally a good idea to let the business owner know and make sure they are ok with it. They could still kick us out.

Plus, we might want to give them an estimated head count, for better service.

Helljumper09

Ok TheQ, thats what I was thinking as well. Do you know how many peoppe will be coming on your end? I'm still trying to find out who's coming on my end so I don't really know how many people are coming. But the plan is The Wheel Inn at 6:30pm Saturday the 5th.

Helljumper09

Wheel Inn is under review. I went to talk to the owner but he was not there. I left a note, plus my name and number with him and am waiting for a response, positive or negative. If The Wheel Inn doesn't pan out, where else should we go?

lil_freak_66

Ill be a maybe for now,might tag along with another or drive up on my own with +2

IMO,no need to ask for permission when its not needed,better to seek forgiveness than ask permission.

That being said,if its a large group i recommend informing them of a group outing.