• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lunatic is on the loose once again

stickslinger

Michael Bloomberg on stronger gun laws:

"I don't understand why the police officers across this country don't stand up collectively and say we're going to go on strike"

This evening, Piers Morgan invited Mayor Michael Bloomberg to join him in studio for an honest and revealing discussion in the aftermath of Friday's deadly shooting in Aurora, CO.

In a primetime exclusive interview, the head of the executive branch of New York City's government provided his solution for implementing stricter gun laws in America:

"I don't understand why the police officers across this country don't stand up collectively and say we're going to go on strike," Bloomberg told the "Piers Morgan Tonight" host. "We're not going to protect you unless you, the public, through your legislature, do what's required to keep us safe."

Full CNN Article:

http://piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com/20...nd-say-were-going-to-go-on-strike/?hpt=pm_mid

What a Jacka$$.

beebobby

It's like he doesn't even listen to what is coming out of his mouth. "We're not going to protect you unless you, the public, through your legislature, do what's required to keep us safe."
So the people have to protect the police or the police aren't going to come to work to protect the people. What am I missing?

Last edited:

SFCRetired

It's like he doesn't even listen to what is coming out of his mouth. "We're not going to protect you unless you, the public, through your legislature, do what's required to keep us safe."
So the people have to protect the police or the police aren't going to come to work to protect the people. What am I missing?

Tain't what you're missing, beebobby, it's what he's missing. Start with a less-than-normal issue of male appendages and end up with a non-issue of brains. As we say down here in the Deep South of someone who is, politely, several bricks shy of a full load, "Well, bless his heart, he don't know no better!"

I'll bet my last dollar bill that Hizzoner doesn't go anywhere without a bodyguard who is armed to the teeth.

That other idiot, Michael Moore, also jumped on the bandwagon.

That sort of whateverinhellyouwannacall'ems will be crawling out from under rocks from now until election day and probably beyond.

PistolPackingMomma

I can only hope that the cops do go on strike!

Maybe then we'll see a reduction in police shooting innocents in no-knock warrants, and people's pets being shot...

And, as the Supreme Court has ruled, police have no duty to protect us anyways, so what exactly would change?

WalkingWolf

To be honest cops don't make anybody safe, outside of traffic, they are always too late to stop crime. They do a fine job of taking reports though.

davidmcbeth

Banned
To be honest cops don't make anybody safe, outside of traffic, they are always too late to stop crime. They do a fine job of taking reports though.

A very fine job of making reports and filing them away never to be seen again. Archeologists in the future will say "look at all these reports we found, the police sure had it going on" :rolleyes:

I have a message for policemen who think their jobs are super dangerous: GET A NEW JOB

You are not owed a job ... heck, fishermen have more dangerous jobs than the police according to OSHA...cops need to get over this "we put our life on the line" mantra they feed us. A police supv. main responsibility is the safety of the policemen under his command -- not you and me. And I agree with this philosophy .. they are only civilians, not military. So if it was a choice between a policeman being put in severe danger or one of us, its us I'm afraid who would be in danger.

Freedom1Man

I can only hope that the cops do go on strike!

Maybe then we'll see a reduction in police shooting innocents in no-knock warrants, and people's pets being shot...

And, as the Supreme Court has ruled, police have no duty to protect us anyways, so what exactly would change?

That is kinda what I was thinking too.

Get rid of all police powers. If they are not simply keeping the peace then they should be thrown in jail.

M

McX

i'm all for stronger gum laws. i find it stuck all over the sidewalks, people with no manners chewing with their mouth wide open.................oh, wait, nevermind. the left thought for sure another tradjedy would give them ground, and instead they lost more. maybe they come over and join us, as to not look so stupid.