• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National buy Ammunition day Nov 5th

07Altima

I am helping spread the word that I have been hearing from all over the place. I will be buying as much ammunition as I can afford come Nov. 5th.
Time to show the Ammo companies some love, this was started by a gentleman back east who was harassed for buying more than 1k rounds of ammunition,
the FBI, and the police visited his home, and called his phone non-stop for days based on his statement. However even if it did not happen this way, I am rather
inclined to believe that they were a pain. He feels that no one should be given grief for a large ammo purchase, and we all know that 1k rounds can be spent very quickly.
I have used over 250 rounds in a single day before so 1k is a drop in the bucket that can be used up in a month even if you only go out once a week.

So you dont have to be with me on the purchase but I think it would be nice. I know for me I am going to make this an annual affair. So any amount even one box,
I am certain will speak loud enough if we get enough to buy it. I may even pick up some 22s for my dad, hope to hear from all of you.

I find it funny that it falls on the 5th of November I see this as a peaceful way of telling the "man" to keep his nose out of my business :)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Right in the middle of elk hunting season, sorry I'll be gone.

It is perfectly acceptable to make an advance purchase and dedicate it to NBA Day - sort of like absentee voting but more meaningful.

1 - I always thought that Kim DuToit started this and it fell on 11/19.

2 - The guy in Rhode Island has every right to be POd that some customer who is buddy-buddy with the local Chief of Police decided it was "prudent" to drop a dime on the guy, in spite of Mr. Ammo Buyer belonging to at least one of those tin foil hat organizations.

3 - November 5th has historical importance - Guy Fawkes Day (for those who hate reading history, go watch the movie "V for Vengance").

A question - I was always under the impression that participation in NBA Day merely needed the purchase of "some" ammo, not as much as one can afford (not that doing so is in any way a bad thing).

stay safe.

jeeper1

Unless I get a firearm in a caliber I don't already have (not likely) I already have an adequate supply of ammunition. If I run low (again not likely) I can reload as necessary.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Skid, it's V for Vendetta, but close enough

Jeeper1, whether you have enough ammo (debatable as whether or not that's possible) or not, go buy a box anyways. That's the point...

Last edited:

tombrewster421

3 - November 5th has historical importance - Guy Fawkes Day (for those who hate reading history, go watch the movie "V for Vengance").

stay safe.

Small correction, the movie is V for Vendetta. Unless there is some older version that I've never seen. If that's the case then you can disregard this message.

Last edited:

fire suppressor

As much as I would love to buy 1000+ rounds thats going to be a bit on the pricey side for me. I cam definitely pick up a couple boxes to help the cause. I love this idea and you can never have enough tools of freedom. Thats what I like to call bullets :)

Metalhead47

Skid, it's V for Vendetta, but close enough

Jeeper1, whether you have enough ammo (debatable as whether or not that's possible) or not, go buy a box anyways. That's the point...

+1 who ever heard of "adequate" ammo? That's like "adequate" money, you can ALWAYS use more. :rolleyes:

Haven't bought any myself in way too long, this'll be a good reminder/excuse.

SigGuy23

Activist Member
I am helping spread the word that I have been hearing from all over the place. I will be buying as much ammunition as I can afford come Nov. 5th.
Time to show the Ammo companies some love, this was started by a gentleman back east who was harassed for buying more than 1k rounds of ammunition,
the FBI, and the police visited his home, and called his phone non-stop for days based on his statement. However even if it did not happen this way, I am rather
inclined to believe that they were a pain. He feels that no one should be given grief for a large ammo purchase, and we all know that 1k rounds can be spent very quickly.
I have used over 250 rounds in a single day before so 1k is a drop in the bucket that can be used up in a month even if you only go out once a week.

So you dont have to be with me on the purchase but I think it would be nice. I know for me I am going to make this an annual affair. So any amount even one box,
I am certain will speak loud enough if we get enough to buy it. I may even pick up some 22s for my dad, hope to hear from all of you.

I find it funny that it falls on the 5th of November I see this as a peaceful way of telling the "man" to keep his nose out of my business :)

I will be doing this and for your comment about going through 1,000 rounds quickly, Last time FMJ and I went shooting I shot we shot 210 rounds from my AR15, 100 rounds from my My 1911, 100 rounds from my Sig, and about 75 rounds from my Savage .22lr. That's 485 rounds in one day. I didn't even count all the ammo we shot out of his guns. I don't know the numbers. So yeah 1000 rounds is nothing. :)

twoskinsonemanns

I'm in. And another +1 on 1000 rds being nothing. I've gone through 4-500 in one range session many times.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Most of the sites that pop up when you Google it is the 19th:
http://www.ammoland.com/2010/11/12/national-ammo-day-november-19-2010/#axzz26MrD3CzG
Either way maybe this can be the incentive to set up a group get together/shoot? I'm thinking Nov 10th which falls between those two dates. I currently work Saturdays, so I couldn't personally attend. For other people who work weekends we could have a separate shoot on the 7th. I'm thinking Capitol Forest "Pit" for the location.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
So what's the final verdict, the fifth or the nineteenth?

How about a practice run on the 5th and then shop for record on the 19th?

That ought to meep everybody but the antis happy.

stay safe.

Last edited: