• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Night Out redux

PALO

Well, attended National Night Out neighborhood meeting.

Sad to say, I was the only OCer there, but there were definitely some pro 2a concerned homeowners. One even had an NRA hat. My favorite question was the woman who wanted to confirm that it was ok to shoot somebody if they entered her yard, since she had a "NO TRESPASSING" sign so that made it alright right?

Um, no

A great way to spread the word about OC is to join your neighborhood block watch! These are the kind of people that are primed to OC - concerned homeowners who want to fight/prevent crime, and who work with their local PD and neighbors to create a united front against crime. They are instrumental in providing intel to the police and in helping us catch perps in the act.

Maybe next year, I'll get some members OCing when they attend the meeting. Hope *is* the thing with feathers, after all

skeith5

I was the only oc'er in my neighborhood. No concerns but was able to meet quite a few other neighbors I didn't know.

Scott

sudden valley gunner

I am, the initial primary results are in and too close to call. I should know at 5 today what the outcome is.

Right on, off topic so sorry OP, just thought I'd let you know that two good guys are running in your county, the Olsen cousins, on on a no partisan ticket for Marysville, and the other for Snohomish County seat as a libertarian, check them out see if you agree with them on the issues.

If you and them make it past primaries we can set up a mixer for all three of you to tell us your views.

Last edited:

skeith5

Right on, off topic so sorry OP, just thought I'd let you know that two good guys are running in your county, the Olsen cousins, on on a no partisan ticket for Marysville, and the other for Snohomish County seat as a libertarian, check them out see if you agree with them on the issues.

If you and them make it past primaries we can set up a mixer for all three of you to tell us your views.

Unfortunately I didn't make it. It was a pretty close race. I'm disappointed but I only have myself to blame. I didn't get out and knock on doors as much as I should have. I'll probably run again for the next go around.

sudden valley gunner

Unfortunately I didn't make it. It was a pretty close race. I'm disappointed but I only have myself to blame. I didn't get out and knock on doors as much as I should have. I'll probably run again for the next go around.

Good luck next time, I see Olsen didn't make it for county either. (way didn't make it)

March Hare

Sadly, it's too $%&^@$@# hot here in AZ to participate, we do have an event in October that's similar: G.A.I.N. - Getting Arizona Involved in Neighborhoods
I'll have to see how many OC people I run into around here!

-MH