• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police Forum Thread on the Culver's 5

protias

One looks like he is WI state patrol. Why does that seem so familiar to me? :banghead:

smithman

"I also think they are trying to bait officers/departments into arresting / citing them." - Dumb@ss poster

Wow. Imagine that somebody wants to record a conversation between them an an LEO. Not because I am baiting them, but because frankly I don't trust him enough for his police report to be 100% accurate. Especially if there are no witnesses around. How am I supposed to know how he feels about my right to OC?

TyGuy

They were definitely baiting the officers. It's clear as they called the police on themselves. Plus, the news told me that they were wearing wires. ** face palm **

oh well....

apierce918

also, we all know that the culver 5 were NOT baiting... BUT...

if all the police feel so strongly about "baiting" and feel its so wrong (regardless if its happening or not) what do they think about their own dressing up like hookers baiting horny old men for prostitution charges?

anmut

also, we all know that the culver 5 were NOT baiting... BUT...

if all the police feel so strongly about "baiting" and feel its so wrong (regardless if its happening or not) what do they think about their own dressing up like hookers baiting horny old men for prostitution charges?

I love that they can record you for their protection but you can't record them for yours.

In other police related news:
http://www.cfnews13.com/article/new...vet-suffers-broken-neck-after-police-takedown

84 year old man in intensive care because cops threw him on the ground and broke his neck. He was upset about his car being towed. Good thing reasonable force was used.

littlewolf

What I'd like to know is how these "asshats" pass psychological testing. Only disturbed people act this way!

Rich B

About keith720

Biography
Retired Lt. Sheriff's Department. Current DOC Captain and Village Police Officer.
Interests
Firearms, spending time with my family.
Occupation
Shift Commander, (Captain) at a Max. State Prison, also "Mayberry" Cop (Small town Police Officer)
Time of service in law enforcement/corrections
30+ years

Rich B

About MacLean

Biography
I'm a father and firearms instructor, and love both! I am an avid reader and a gun-law nut.
Interests
Guns, books, guns, motorcycles, guns, women, guns, history, guns...
Occupation
LEO/Instructor
Time of service in law enforcement/corrections
Since February, 1996
Marital Status
Married, two kids
Political Affiliation
Conservative Libertarian

M

McX

saw something on the book today (facebook); j.b. is going to be on the vikki mckenna show today sometime, lost the link though.

Rich B

Maybe time to write a letter to the editor to the city that cop works in.

That was my thought. Maybe also time to send letters to the police chiefs and mayors, etc.

"This is how our police feel about civil rights?"
"They post disparaging remarks about citizens on forums during work hours while 'in their cruiser with their seatbelt on'?"