• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police Forum Thread on the Culver's 5

Rich B

eb31

I like eb31, who says:

Every time they refuse to show ID...hit them with DC.

Clearly he doesn't understand any of the topics involved.

Of course, he is a truthful one too:

For the record, I've tried to explain to them on their own forum that their actions are nothing more than antagonistic and extremely counterproductive to anything they "think" they are trying to accomplish.

Notice his extensive posting history:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/member.php?55677-eb31

eb31

I've said here serveral times.....you guys would do yourselves a ton of good to just relax and carry while going about your daily business....stop all this John Q fight the establishment bs. Makes you all look bad.

anmut

Rich B

Yep, another undereducated law enforcement officer.

Now, now, would your 'mofher' approve of you saying that?

I particularly like their new crying and whining about me somehow infringing upon their rights by posting their 'Public Profiles' here. Something tells me the issue of rights is much larger than their not understanding the law, I don't think they understand what 'infringe' or 'rights' mean.

And to give credit where credit is due, MacLean seems to be a good, stand up LEO according to that thread. Lets all hope that a sane, rational LEO like MacLean will open a dialog with his fellow officers who are so eager to break the law and violate people's rights.

Last edited:

anmut

Now, now, would your 'mofher' approve of you saying that?

I particularly like their new crying and whining about me somehow infringing upon their rights by posting their 'Public Profiles' here. Something tells me the issue of rights is much larger than their not understanding the law, I don't think they understand what 'infringe' or 'rights' mean.

And to give credit where credit is due, MacLean seems to be a good, stand up LEO according to that thread. Lets all hope that a sane, rational LEO like MacLean will open a dialog with his fellow officers who are so eager to break the law and violate people's rights.

Yeah I thought that was some very ironic irony! True enough regarding Mr MacLean, wish there were more like him. Now my mofher is calling me out of the basement for supper. :)

maclean

Gents, our forum welcomes open discussion over there.

Please recognize that you'll be exposed to varying opinions from varying locations in the United States.

We do ask that if you care to join our conversation that you briefly introduce yourselves in the appropriate forum.

Cheers,

Mac

anmut

Please recognize that you'll be exposed to varying opinions from varying locations in the United States.

We do ask that if you care to join our conversation that you briefly introduce yourselves in the appropriate forum.

Cheers,

Mac

Hey Mac - welcome back to our forum. Care to take a guess at some of the reactions of law officers on the APB forum regarding Open Carry?

It seems that some members could care less about the vows they took when they joined the law enforcement community. Is this just knee-jerk reaction, poor judgment, childishness or is there a cause for alarm by citizens in regards to officer tact?

maclean

I'm only responsible for what I post, and maintaining order in a thread that has the potential to get out of hand.

Laws and viewpoints regarding this subject vary from state to state and country to country. We have verified members from all over the world, and as many opinions as we have members.

Again, I'd only ask that everyone respect the rules of each of our respective boards - otherwise no conversation happens at all.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

Cheers,

Mac

From what I've read over there so far, I don't think it is the OC guys who need the invitation to be polite.

maclean

From what I've read over there so far, I don't think it is the OC guys who need the invitation to be polite.

I have not asked anyone to be polite, but I certainly appreciate the effort of someone on either side of this subject to do so.

This is *your* pool, and I would never come here to pee in it.

Russf

Cheers,

Mac

I will introduce myself but I will not show you my ID. LOL

anmut

I have not asked anyone to be polite, but I certainly appreciate the effort of someone on either side of this subject to do so.

This is *your* pool, and I would never come here to pee in it.

Us Asshats that live in our mothers basement don't care about a little pee in the pool! :)

maclean

Thank you.

I personally think the same of many of our verified members. As long as the thread stays in control, perhaps you will have the opportunity to form a similar opinion.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Us Asshats that live in our mothers basement don't care about a little pee in the pool! :)

+1 :)

But our mommy cares where we swim. No matter how much spin Mac wants to put on about being "exposed to varying opinions" and welcoming "discussion", they're still peeing in their own pool, and I wouldn't want to swim in it. Even if mommy allowed it.

Besides, I don't see it being much of a discussion given the level of statism. More like series of bow-and-submit lectures.

Last edited:

maclean

First time for everything, me being a "statist." :D

Maybe I'm wrong and it won't work. Maybe it's best to kill the thread.

I'm going to be an optimist for an hour while I work out.

anmut

From the other thread by user Keith720

"In Wisconsin, it is the right of individuals to "open carry" a firearm. They can not be carried into any business that has posted prohibitiions against firearms. A firearm must be cased and unloaded when transported inside a vehicle. Firearms are not allowed to be carried in any govt. building, or any place where alcohol is served. Simple "open carry" of a firearm does not constitute any type of violation such as disorderly conduct. Personally, I recognize it as a right, and will do nothing to violate that right. As long as OC'ers stay within the law, they'll be treated accordingly. "

Thank you sir - you are exactly what the Culver's Five would have loved to run into that Saturday night. If those officers would have had this mindset, we wouldn't be having these discussions.

Mac - if you could copy/paste this into your forum I would appreciate it. (I don't feel like creating an ID for just one thread)