• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Election Day 2012 - Vote!

va_tazdad

Ya gotta love it

Voted at 745 this morning and used my CHP as ID. The woman looked at it and said is this a state issued ID. I said yes and showed her the state seal. Then she asked who issued it. I pointed to the Chesterfield Circuit Court line.

It wasn't until after she handed it back that the light bulb above her head came on and she realized it was a hand gun permit.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
The dressup people have spoken and yes, Pogo was a prophet!

bubo2.jpg

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
NoVa, Richmond & Henrico too. :(

NOVA, Richmond, Henrico, Danville...basically any place with a large population of Mexicans. The worst part is the the Colleges that were recruited hard which concerns me greatly in other matters.

Alexandria Arlington Brunswick Buckingham Caroline Charles City Charlottesville Covington Danville Emporia Essex Fairfax City Fairfax Falls Church Fredericksburg Greensville Hampton Harrisonburg Henrico Hopewell Lexington Loudoun Manassas Martinsville Nelson Newport News Norfolk Northampton Portsmouth Prince Edward Prince William Radford Richmond City Roanoke City Staunton Suffolk Surry Sussex Westmoreland Williamsburg Winchester

A little explanation about "Dress up people" which seems to offend a lot of people (I assume because they do understand).

They are just people that appear to be something they aren't.

Roddy Piper made a very bad movie in the 80's called "They Live", where he finds a pair of sun glasses that let him see aliens disguised as humans, for what they really are.

Consider this election as the special sun glasses.

Last edited:

hunter45

So what do y'all think this means for guns & ammo prices? Should I order a few thousand rounds and another "assault weapon" today before prices skyrocket?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
So what do y'all think this means for guns & ammo prices? Should I order a few thousand rounds and another "assault weapon" today before prices skyrocket?

They are going through the roof for a while at least.
I avoided the rush and bought on Monday:lol:

OC for ME

The county map of VA, and every other state, gives us insight into future elections. This is why it is critical that we all converse with our neighbors and and remind them of their civic duty. Our republic's survival is predicated on our participation in the electoral process.

We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate. - Thomas Jefferson
Our participation may or not may result in an outcome that we desire. Be comforted in the fact that your participation was vital yesterday and that your participation will be vital tomorrow.

To those who have participated, and to those who will continue to participate, I thank you.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
The county map of VA, and every other state, gives us insight into future elections. This is why it is critical that we all converse with our neighbors and and remind them of their civic duty. Our republic's survival is predicated on our participation in the electoral process.

Our participation may or not may result in an outcome that we desire. Be comforted in the fact that your participation was vital yesterday and that your participation will be vital tomorrow.

To those who have participated, and to those who will continue to participate, I thank you.

This country won't last another 4 years like the last 4.

Bob1

Peter, looking at the counties which broke Blue, maybe the Ni River (Spotsylvania County) really isn't that magical philosophical dividing line after all. You're now with us aren't you? 

See ya next Tuesday, you can beat up on me then. 

Here, this will send your blood pressure off scale high:

http://davidsimon.com/inevitabilities-and-barack-obama/

"A man of color is president for the second time, and this happened despite a struggling economic climate and a national spirit of general discontent. He has been returned to office over the specific objections of the mass of white men. He has instead been re-elected by women, by people of color, by homosexuals, by people of varying religions or no religion whatsoever. Behold the New Jerusalem."

Bob1

?......A little explanation about "Dress up people" which seems to offend a lot of people (I assume because they do understand).

They are just people that appear to be something they aren't.

And here all along I thought you were talking about Cowboy Action Shooting. :lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Peter, looking at the counties which broke Blue, maybe the Ni River (Spotsylvania County) really isn't that magical philosophical dividing line after all. You're now with us aren't you? 

See ya next Tuesday, you can beat up on me then. 

Here, this will send your blood pressure off scale high:

http://davidsimon.com/inevitabilities-and-barack-obama/

"A man of color is president for the second time, and this happened despite a struggling economic climate and a national spirit of general discontent. He has been returned to office over the specific objections of the mass of white men. He has instead been re-elected by women, by people of color, by homosexuals, by people of varying religions or no religion whatsoever. Behold the New Jerusalem."

Look at the localities I put up Bob. North of the Ni is definitely not the only problem area. This election was won by Hispanic voters, Disgruntled Women, registering college students and the standard Dem Vote.

I don't think the Black voters went with a block vote this time. A large majority I've talked to did not vote Obama. Despite the fact that they are proud to have had a Black President, they're intelligent enough to know he really doesn't represent them.

Romney handed him most of the votes on a silver platter.