• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Isolated incident 88,694: The War on Our Pets Continues

Fuller Malarkey

I think it safe [at least for the next few days] to reference this as an alarmingly frequent isolated incident. Another family pet shot and killed.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...police-officer-community-dog-park-keith-elgin

"Tim Reeves — one of Vern's owners — said he had been in the basement of his Pasadena house setting up for a Super Bowl party when his girlfriend called him from upstairs, saying she'd seen a police officer in the front yard.

"I said to him 'How can I help you, officer?'" Tim Reeves said. "He looked at me and said 'I unloaded on your dog. Your dog attacked me, and I killed it."

Thankfully, it wasn't the family's 12 year old son that outweighs and is taller than the dog was.

Another report:

"Police say the officer was canvassing on Lombardee Circle for witnesses to a burglary on Saturday when a dog "confronted" him."

Confronted does not indicate "attacked".

It also clarifies that this police officer was not in hot pursuit of a terrorist / burglar, had maybe jumped a fence and found himself trapped in a deep inescapable pit with a half crocodile / half Bull Mastiff with obvious symptoms of rabies, complicated by a meth habit. He was on a fishing expedition.

Funny how frequently mailmen encounter dogs without needing to "unload" on them. Which in turn triggers my curiosity as to why we don't read about nurses killing mentally distressed people within seconds on encountering them.

onus

Funny how frequently mailmen encounter dogs without needing to "unload" on them. Which in turn triggers my curiosity as to why we don't read about nurses killing mentally distressed people within seconds on encountering them.

can we please get our resident cop lovers to chime in and respond........

oh wait......I think the answer is "I have a right to go home to my family at the end of the day"

davidmcbeth

Banned
I guess that they have a good lawsuit ... for the value of the dog ~ $600.

Now will they file a notice of trespass? probably not

A lawsuit? I'm guessing a default judgment ... I don't see anyone arguing this killing was justified to a jury.

Last edited:

Fuller Malarkey

can we please get our resident cop lovers to chime in and respond........

oh wait......I think the answer is "I have a right to go home to my family at the end of the day"

It's gotta be hard to break 'em of saying, in public, "as long as I'm present, you have no rights".

Fuller Malarkey

Fuller Malarkey

Another well trained citizen is discovered in the Garden State.

Looks like a pattern of submissives is emerging.....

Boise police shoot dog, hit car in process

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2014/...ce-boise-dog-is-recovering.html#storylink=cpy

Engaging in a wild episode of "spray and pray", the police shot a gate bell, a Suburu three times and the dog twice.

Guy might start a bidness in Boise offering sandbagging services to trailer house owners.

On a good note, the owner, possibly due to awareness of possible repercussions from police, isn't filing charges.

VIDEO NOW AVAILABLE! BOISE POLICE IN ACTION!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeDq_tCCj3o

Last edited:

Fuller Malarkey

Service dog killed, owner threatened with jail for not producing ID

WARNING: THIS VIDEO IS RAW AND UNEDITED. THERE ARE IMAGES AND CONVERSATION THAT MAY BE DISTURBING TO SOME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCKO7xi8ZeY#t=137

http://magicvalley.com/news/local/f...cle_5e989a44-928a-11e3-b2a5-0019bb2963f4.html

"Reeves said his officers are trained on how to deal with aggressive dogs, but he refused Tuesday to say what they are trained to do."

For some reason, the old adage "actions speak louder than words" comes to mind.

MurrayRothbard

Guys, ALL of these cases have harshly punished the leos involved via their vacations with pay...in addition to that harsh punishment, these cases have been internally investigated and found NO FAULT with the leos involved...they were just following orders/policy..."Just-us" has been served.

Primus

How do they run the point system on this pet killing thing?

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...ns-over-kills-chihuahua-in-richmond-district/

"multiple witnesses saw an SFPD patrol car hit and kill a small chihuahua at the intersection of Balboa and 6th Avenue Saturday."

Weight of the animal divided by numerical value of weapon used minus the number of shots/impacts it takes. Bonus points for being done in conjunction with other felonious activity and if owner sees the incident.

Then in the real world...... none.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Weight of the animal divided by numerical value of weapon used minus the number of shots/impacts it takes. Bonus points for being done in conjunction with other felonious activity and if owner sees the incident.

Nicely thought out, well done!

(QFT, though, as "other felonious activity" is admission you think a cop killing an animal that isn't a deadly threat should be a felony.)