• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Appleseed Project

Old Virginia Joe

Does anyone on here have any personal experience with the pro-2A "Appleseed Project" which is held all around this country? Apparently it is a family oriented marksmanship program with a heavy dose of true American history and freedom philosophy and pro-2A beliefs mixed in. They take a full weekend at a range, camp out, and teach all ages about guns and our heritage, to instill in every citizen how as good, old-fashioned Americans, we need to be able to shoot and defend, if our country or household ever needs these skills as they did in 1775 and since. I have never been, but it sounds like good stuff, for my family. Just wondering if anyone here can praise or condemn it? Thanks for any input.

Last edited:

RGRTim

According to their website they have shoots coming up in Montpelier on Nov 17-18 and Machanicsville Dec 1-2.
Love the idea behind it.

77zach

I recommend it. It teaches you how to practice if you are so inclined later on. At the end of two days, with little or no wind, you'll be amazed at how deadly a semi auto rifle with iron sights could be in the hands of a practiced individual. Or terrified if you're on the "other team".

Docgmt

Appleseeds are great

Highly recommended, not only do you get top class training in marksmanship they bring April 19 1775 back to life. How many people today know what happen and why on that fateful day? Why were the British coming and what were they going to do? Find out at an Appleseed!:)

If you have one, a 22 rifle is a good choice for the weekend.

pyite

Highly recommended, not only do you get top class training in marksmanship they bring April 19 1775 back to life. How many people today know what happen and why on that fateful day? Why were the British coming and what were they going to do? Find out at an Appleseed!:)

If you have one, a 22 rifle is a good choice for the weekend.

The Shot Heard Round the World! I wonder how many high school/college kids know what happened on that date.

But back on topic, I plan on taking my daughter to one once she is a bit older. Hopefully they still do them in 2 or 3 years.

mpg9999

Does anyone on here have any personal experience with the "Appleseed Project" which is held all around this country? Apparently it is a family oriented marksmanship program with a heavy dose of true American history and freedom philosophy and pro-2A beliefs mixed in. They take a full weekend at a range, camp out, and teach all ages about guns and our heritage, to instill in every citizen how as good, old-fashioned Americans, we need to be able to shoot and defend, if our country or household ever needs these skills as they did in 1775 and since. I have never been, but it sounds like good stuff, for my family. Just wondering if anyone here can praise or condemn it? Thanks for any input.

I went to one at C2 shooting center and highly recommend it. Bring a 10-22 with a GI sling and tech sights ( http://www.tech-sights.com/ ). You'll save enough in ammo versus shooting something like a .308 that it will pay for itself.

Riana

I went to an Appleseed in August 2011 up in New Hampshire. We were a small group - four men, me, and my son. My son ended up bowing out of the shooting portion Saturday afternoon (I guess his Nintendo DS was more interesting to him :rolleyes:), but I did the entire event. I had a wonderful time, and learned a lot - both about history, and shooting. My Marlin 60 was acting up, so the instructor let me use his 10/22, which was great.

I heartily recommend the events to anyone who enjoys shooting and learning (and you're going to do a lot of both in a weekend).

Last edited:

The Wolfhound

Yeah, I might just have a BIT of experience with it.........

Come on out. We have a great time. Over a weekend you will send about 400 rounds down range. Shooting and history of a sort you have probably never heard, it is a great combination. Feel free to hit me with questions. Take note of my signature.

Docgmt

The Shot Heard Round the World! I wonder how many high school/college kids know what happened on that date.

But back on topic, I plan on taking my daughter to one once she is a bit older. Hopefully they still do them in 2 or 3 years.

The British were on their way to the armory with orders to confiscate all of the rifles, powder and canon. The first common sense gun law, take them all/sarcasm.
No wonder our founding fathers wrote the Second Amendment and yes CSGV people owned canons back then! Ok OK just to keep the nit ( Nose ) pickers at CSGV happy some rich 1%ers bought them but, a lot of times the canons were owned by the local people that all chipped in and formed an evil militia. ( more sarcasm since they try to claim that the Second Amendment only allows us to own the weapons of the day. )