• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to all this

Jason36

All right. keepin it short an sweet. I pick up my first pistol tomorrow and I am not yet able to CC. while I'm OCing i know I'm not able to carry my gun loaded in my vehicle, but when I stop somewhere (store, home, ect.) when can I load my gun? Do I have to get out of my vehicle, load and go or am I able to stop, load, then get out of my vehicle? Being new to this I would rather stay out of any legal trouble. I know its a LOT easier having a CPL but I apply for it later this month.

solus

All right. keepin it short an sweet. I pick up my first pistol tomorrow and I am not yet able to CC. while I'm OCing i know I'm not able to carry my gun loaded in my vehicle, but when I stop somewhere (store, home, ect.) when can I load my gun? Do I have to get out of my vehicle, load and go or am I able to stop, load, then get out of my vehicle? Being new to this I would rather stay out of any legal trouble. I know its a LOT easier having a CPL but I apply for it later this month.

well jason...i must only offer a welcome to the forum and hope one of the more knowledgeable WA folk respond shortly.

ipse

1245A Defender

Well,,

Jason; For the time being,, since you dont have your CPL yet,,,
Carry your gun with an Empty chamber,,, unless you need to shoot,,,
Only insert your mag in the gun,, After you exit the car,, dont rack it...
Pop the mag out of the gun,,, Before you get back in..

deanf

No one really knows (what a police officer might arrest you for or prosecutor charge you for.) Read the law and make your best good-faith effort to comply. That's really all you can do.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran

Defenders option is the most discreet. It will not "scare people" when reloading. Welcome to OCDO, I hope you enjoy your stay, and thanks for OCing.

decklin

Yep. This method is the easiest, safest, and least likely to attract attention that I could think of. While staying legal.