• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello there. I'm new to the forum.

Wolfstanus

My brother (torquemaster69) told me to join. So I did.

I'm however not new to open carry. I have been doing it for almost 2 years now. Used to carry a m&p but now carry an Auto Ordanance 1911a1.

M-Taliesin

My brother (torquemaster69) told me to join. So I did.

I'm however not new to open carry. I have been doing it for almost 2 years now. Used to carry a m&p but now carry an Auto Ordanance 1911a1.

Howdy Pard!
Welcome to the forum, but I gotta ask.... do you do everything your brother tells you to do?
If your brother told you to jump off the empire state building... that sort of thing?

Okay, enough welcome talk!
Good to have you aboard. Anybody committed to OC is certainly in good company around here.
Soon we'll throw anothet meet & greet, and maybe you both can join us there.
Ain't certain where there is, much less when, but when we do, we'll see you then! Maybe. Perhaps even.

So, you carry a 1911. Heckuva handgun, and I really love my RIA 1911 a1.
I prefer to carry it when I dress up a little more than usual.
Not every handgun goes with every outfit, don'cha know.
For tactical work, I prefer a solid black pistol, like my XDm .40 compact or my Ruger P94.
Don't need a fugitive to catch sight of a glint off my muzzle and take evasive action before the team is ready to take him out.

But after a nice dinner out, we can relax and enjoy any handgun we choose to carry.

Again, welcome to the forum, and glad to have you aboard.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Wolfstanus

No id ask him to show me how its done so I could jump off properly.

I do plan on getting a differnt pistol but I have really been wanting a 1911 for a few years. So I decided it was time to get it before another "project" got in my way.

LoneEchoWolf

Welcome to OCDO! always nice to see our numbers grow by leaps and bounds. Glad you have been carrying for 2 years now, give the forums a look, youll learn something new im willing to bet on it. Besides that Stay safe and hope to see you all at a M&G sometime. Welcome again!

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

No id ask him to show me how its done so I could jump off properly.

Howdy Amigo!
Good answer! Glad you got the intended humor there! Well done!

I also wanted a 1911 for quite awhile. When I visited a new gun store just opened in Franktown, I saw that 1911 for a price I simply could not pass up!
While I didn't have the money in my pocket at the time, I slapped down a deposit and the boys held it for me. I came back and bought it when I got my next paycheck from the gubbamint, and I love that shooter. That being said, I still haven't put more than 2 rounds through it yet.

Hope we get to meet up with you one of these days. I expect to put up another M&G pretty soon now.
I've been waiting for recon from Castle Rock, but figure I need to drop on down there and check things out for my own self.
That's my plan for today!

I think you're gonna like the forum. You're among friends here!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

wmodavis

Welcome!
And I do agree that there are some good guys and Gals here.... and some of the other kind even swing through. But we run 'em off.

F350

Welcome to the Colorado forum; but dang why can't anyone be on the western slope? It gets danged lonesome over here on God's side of the rock pile ;)

M-Taliesin

Welcome to the Colorado forum; but dang why can't anyone be on the western slope? It gets danged lonesome over here on God's side of the rock pile ;)

Howdy Pard!
last time I checked, you were having a whole flock of folks visiting the Grand Mesa area.
I seem to recall suggesting we meet up, but you had company at that time.

What I'd recommend is to start up a local contingent of OC'ing folks there and take point on the effort to grow OC in Colorado.

That way, I could come to your meet and greets... when you get enough folks interested in OC to throw one together.
All it takes is more than one, don'cha know? Maybe start hanging around gun shops to encourage folks to OC.
Once they start up OC'ng, get them onto the forum.
Next thing you know, you'll be busier than a one-legged man at a square dance competition!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin