• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Florida homeowner holds naked and crazed home invader at gun point until cops arive

Z1P2

I saw this on our local news and was surprised nobody had posted it here yet... this is one bizarre case. Glad it turned out as well as it could for everybody.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/fla-homeowners-terrorized-naked-man-article-1.1246800

As a side note: I'd recommend some shooting courses for the wife since she shot and missed 4 times. It turned out ok this time, but next time her life might hinge on her ability to hit the broad side of a barn.

davidmcbeth

Banned
As a side note: I'd recommend some shooting courses for the wife since she shot and missed 4 times. It turned out ok this time, but next time her life might hinge on her ability to hit the broad side of a barn.

Try a different gun?

Z1P2

Good point. She probably just grabbed the first gun she could get her hands on, possibly her husband's gun. Kinda validates my decision to only buy guns that my wife also felt comfortable shooting.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Good point. She probably just grabbed the first gun she could get her hands on, possibly her husband's gun. Kinda validates my decision to only buy guns that my wife also felt comfortable shooting.

Well ya never know until the practicing really gets to show that the gun is not the right choice. So, the guy can buy the wife another gun and keep or sell the other one.

Not uncommon for a gun purchased to have the buyer say "I don't really like this one" over time. Just like people who buy anything: cars, houses, spouses etc.

Maybe the guy should get another spouse instead of another gun ;):p

Freedom1Man

Well ya never know until the practicing really gets to show that the gun is not the right choice. So, the guy can buy, the wife another gun and keep or sell the other one.

Not uncommon for a gun purchased to have the buyer say "I don't really like this one" over time. Just like people who buy anything: cars, houses, spouses etc.

Maybe the guy should get another spouse instead of another gun ;):p

I see what you did there.