• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Putin loves democracy -- Crimea independent nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToMang07

Banned

beebobby

The vote was in violation of the Ukrainian Constitution. Democratic, but uncontitutional.

Kopis

I think a lot of americans need to research this a little. Ukraine is a very young country, only 20 or so years. Crimea is the russian area of ukraine. The majority of people there are russian, speak russian and have family in russia. Ukraine was doomed to fail from the get go. .

I do believe the former president was corrupt but there is still a process to remove him from office, instead armed protestors essentially ran him out of the country. That doesnt sound very democratic to me. Who is the US supporting there? do we really even know? Sounds a lot like libya. anyway, crimeas see russia as hope for the future. Being a russian citizen entitles them to a lot more rights, respect and opportunities than being a citizen of a broke, in debt country like ukraine. Now was there some russian influence, yeah im sure but i think irregardless of russian troops on the ground, crimeans know that ukraine was collapsing as the evidence of the country's true debt became apparent. Plus Crimea is home to Russia's only warm water naval base so they moved to protect it just as the US would. I mean let's think, they have a huge naval base in crimea! why would they not protect it?

Did russia get involved when alaska voted to become a state? no....

obama played his cards waaayyy to early on this by announcing there would be "costs" but didnt specify what actions would draw those costs or what the costs would be. You'll impose sanctions? ok so will putin. You freeze russian assets, he freezes US assets. Where do a lot of these countries get their bank guarantees and loans?... Russia. where do you think most of europe and eastern europe get their natural gas and other resources from? oh wait.... russia.

We have zero power, control or right to be in this situation in my humble opinion. Yes, it strengthens russia but if obama was worried about that why did he not keep the european missile defense shield plans in progress instead of being caught on an open mike whispering to a russian representative "ill have more flexibility with the missile shield after im re-elected" Then, sure enough, as soon as he is re-elected, he cancels the missile shield.

davidmcbeth

Banned
What russia gets how much land? 100 by 100 miles roughly? About like Idaho, slightly larger...

Russia has 6.6 million sq miles ...

Obamalama will do nothing. Should not be spouting off the mouth unless you would ...

Status
Not open for further replies.