• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Laws for the "Common Good"

NHCGRPR45

Last edited:

Bailenforcer

Michael P. Kelly who wrote this juvenile rant, isn't much of a lawyer if this is his best plea.

This is my rebuttal.

Luk 11:45 Then answered one of the lawyers, and said unto him, Master, thus saying thou reproachest us also.
Luk 11:46 And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers.
Luk 11:47 Woe unto you! for ye build the sepulchres of the prophets, and your fathers killed them.
Luk 11:48 Truly ye bear witness that ye allow the deeds of your fathers: for they indeed killed them, and ye build their sepulchres.
Luk 11:49 Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute:
Luk 11:50 That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation;
Luk 11:51 From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias, which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.
Luk 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

The lawyer gets it right, but not really. Its a good read. Oh this has a general gun rights issue but it certainly has a Open Carry issue also. With the laws/rules/ordinances being repealed in IL and D.C. and a general gun friendlier era we are having, this is appropriate to post here.:shocker:

http://www.delawareonline.com/artic...004/OPINION/Control+guns+for+the++common+good+

TheQ

He makes a big deal about handguns for home defense and a handgun being a powerful home defense tool. We all know, other than you can easily carry a handgun around the house, a shotgun is a better home defense tool.

B

Bikenut

"The common good" is a concept borne of the herd mentality. Those in the herd think that if the herd stays together everyone will be safe. But that doesn't take into account that there are wolves... and there will always be wolves that prey on the weak and sick members of the herd. But then, the herd mentality has already written off the sick and weak as no longer respected members of the herd and therefor are expendable.

The herd mentality believes that mere words ensure safety because everyone in the herd believes in those words. And so words are used to create "laws" that the herd considers etched in stone and inviolate. But the that doesn't take into account that there are wolves who don't give two farts in the wind about words and the only law the wolves believe in is the law of the strong preying on the weak.

In short "the common good" is a lie because the only thing that really is in the best interests of "the common good" is for each individual in the herd to step forth and fight the wolves head on because the problem is the wolves... not the false idea that there is a "common good".

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
"The common good" is a concept borne of the herd mentality. Those in the herd think that if the herd stays together everyone will be safe. But that doesn't take into account that there are wolves... and there will always be wolves that prey on the weak and sick members of the herd. But then, the herd mentality has already written off the sick and weak as no longer respected members of the herd and therefor are expendable.

The herd mentality believes that mere words ensure safety because everyone in the herd believes in those words. And so words are used to create "laws" that the herd considers etched in stone and inviolate. But the that doesn't take into account that there are wolves who don't give two farts in the wind about words and the only law the wolves believe in is the law of the strong preying on the weak.

In short "the common good" is a lie because the only thing that really is in the best interests of "the common good" is for each individual in the herd to step forth and fight the wolves head on because the problem is the wolves... not the false idea that there is a "common good".

Who gets to define "common good"? If it where up to me... :lol:

eastmeyers

LOL. Its not actually funny, people actually believe this. You can show them 10,000 stats from legitimate organizations (FBI, BATFE, NRA, ext...), and they will repudiate with ONE from someplace no one has herd of. It doesn't matter, so people just put their fingers in their ears while yelling, I can't here you, I am right!

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
While we each have our preferences, mine is for a pistol rather than a shotgun, even at home. I have a couple hd mossbergs and the problem for me is that they require two hands. It is difficult to open doors or make a 911 call if necessary while holding the shotgun.

As for the article, this is a liberal who does understand a point that many people including NRA members fail to understand. The second amendment has nothing to do with hunting.

Not mine ;)

B

Bikenut

Who gets to define "common good"? If it where up to me... :lol:

The herd defines the "common good" for the herd with words and ink and paper.... the wolves feed on the herd refusing to listen to the words while burping and wiping their butts with inky paper.

On a side note... I just quoted my own self... do I get a cookie?

stainless1911

Banned
Its not only the sheepdogs place to keep the wolves at bay, but to occasionally nip the sheep to keep therm in line. This guy needs a chunk taken out of the @$$.

Last I checked, we don't advocate shooting at the cops. That's not what we are all about.:eek:

Haman J.T.

The founders stated what the common good is in the bill of rights.Any other interpretation is a lie!