• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Taurus PT845 review, test of 230 gr. Blazer FMJ -w/ pics.

therealcombat

Congrats on your 845. I just picked up a 24/7 Pro C DS in 45ACP the other day off CDNN for $299, NEW. :D

Haven't got a chance to shoot it yet, but i'm def looking forward to it. :banana:

j4l

If it's as much like the 845 as it seems (main dif. being hammer vs. striker) I think you'll really enjoy it. These shoot very very smooth. Recoil almost non-existent, to me anyway.
On odd thing Im trying to figure out though-not that it's a problem-but double-taps print horizontal- not vertical..
Does this SA OR DA, so trigger pull isnt the issue, I dont think.. odd. But no biggy.

I hear people gripe about the DA triggers, but I actually like mine a lot.

therealcombat

If it's as much like the 845 as it seems (main dif. being hammer vs. striker) I think you'll really enjoy it. These shoot very very smooth. Recoil almost non-existent, to me anyway.
On odd thing Im trying to figure out though-not that it's a problem-but double-taps print horizontal- not vertical..
Does this SA OR DA, so trigger pull isnt the issue, I dont think.. odd. But no biggy.

I hear people gripe about the DA triggers, but I actually like mine a lot.

I've got a PT111 as well and I love the trigger. I've heard of some people complaining about the long trigger pull in SA mode, but it doesn't bother me because the reset is extremely short. :) I've thoroughly enjoyed my Taurus experiences. :D

j4l

I've got a PT111 as well and I love the trigger. I've heard of some people complaining about the long trigger pull in SA mode, but it doesn't bother me because the reset is extremely short. :) I've thoroughly enjoyed my Taurus experiences. :D

Indeed, the DA pull on these is very very smooth, if a bit long. But with practice,as with anything, you get used to it, and it's not a prob.