• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC on natgeo channel last night- armegeddon preppers

XD40coyote

It was both good and bad.

Bad- the guy admitted to using LSD and said he used to not like being around people. I hope Philthy PD doesn't revoke his LTCF over this show. That stupid charactor clause thing...Philthy PD just loves using it for everything they can squeeze.

Good- he was helping an elderly neighbor plant a tree, and had a multi ethnic survival skills group formed in his city neighborhood+ did a woods workshop somewhere. One of which was another OCer, a young woman I think. I liked what the group was doing, such as making fires with a bow drill, and learning how to distill/clean water with the hole in the ground method, as well as learning of all the wild edible plants.

Rest of the show was ex mormon loonies, a guy who left the loony group- and his young son learning to shoot an AK, and some complete case in Los Angeles who was in mask and voice was also masked.

ManInBlack

I don't understand why anyone would go on a show like that...to me, that alone reveals a pretty serious flaw in critical thinking skills.

09jisaac

I don't understand why anyone would go on a show like that...to me, that alone reveals a pretty serious flaw in critical thinking skills.

Or very smart. How much are they getting paid? If they are getting money for showing their prepping technics then they can spend that money on supplies. They may be prepping elsewhere. I don't know, I don't have a TV and have never watched it.

ManInBlack

Or very smart. How much are they getting paid? If they are getting money for showing their prepping technics then they can spend that money on supplies. They may be prepping elsewhere. I don't know, I don't have a TV and have never watched it.

That's the thing - everyone knows about your preparations, stash, weaponry, etc. And while you are correct; they could be using the proceeds to do their actual prepping elsewhere, it seems like a lot of work to just have to duplicate the effort.

09jisaac

I think it is a flaw in their plan too but they could be set up pretty well for doing this. All the canned goods, weapons, ammo, water, can be transported to their actual prepping location in short order. I have a bad habit of thinking everyone is not very intelligent, so I am trying to give everyone the benefit of doubt now.

Edit: Also, I still wouldn't do it. They portray every one I watch clips of as crazy people.

Last edited:

XD40coyote

I think someone would have to be even more nuts to try and steal from these people, unless its the NYC firefighter bugging in or the hippies in VT who don't believe in guns (the Doomsday Preppers show). Most of the preppers are armed to the teeth and have other armed folks with them.

As to going on TV and looking like a moonbat, unfortunatly that is what most sheeple would see it as. We here might not see most of the preppers as moonbats, but you know how the sheep are. And their handlers, dems and rinos and other sociopathic leaders. Irony is that the sociopathic leaders are far far more dangerous than even a whole militia of preppers, everyone here at OCDO, and all boys with aspergers ( omgZ, empathy is lacking !1!!!).

I am not sure if these people get paid to be on these shows. Only times I was paid for TV related things were the insured taxidermy mount that was stolen off the set ( I wanted to sell it anyway LOL- they paid me what I had them insure it at), and the 600.00 for the arctic fox mount purchased to be used as a 1 second stand-in for a Natgeo nature show.

What's up next- an open carry reality show LOL- is kwikrnu up for it? Dracos with red tips in Philly on a FL lisc LOL. "Follow avid open carriers on their day to day adventures with really grumpy cops, anti gunners, and conceal carry advocates". They could name the show " Am I being Detained?", and could have lots of advertising by cellphone providers and civil rights lawyers.

09jisaac

My theory is that they are deliberately portrayed in a bad light. Most in the media doesn't seem to care much for the "being/getting prepared" culture.