• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Combat Handguns - Feb 2011, Article - Gun-Flash Reprecussions (Case Three - page 90)

neuroblades

Some of you might be interested in this specific article from the current copy of Combat Handguns magazine. This is one of Massad Ayoob's article on legal cases in reference to gun law & gun carriers. The individual that Mas writes about in Case Three (page 90) is one of the posters (kwikrnu) on the forum here, from Tennessee. Some of you might have had a conversation with them in the past. I know I had had a few posts to them about their actions and the reprecussions of such acts. As a matter of reference, KWIKRNU (quicker 'n you) is an individual that painted his 44 mag revolver orange, like the toy and airsoft guns. Well accord to the article, he's upped the ante' now. I won't say anything else for now, just read the articale and decide for yourself and then check out the Tennessee forum for kwikrnu's posts there.

This post is NOT meant to instigate issues or lead to bad vibes on or for the OC forum, just to bring to light a potentially BAD ISSUE that's might be happening in Tennessee legally and could lead to restriction if it makes case law!

As I said, not looking to instigate but to educate. This could end up effecting us all!

trooper46

Why someone would continue to give...that paticular individual... the attention he graves is beyond me. The individual in question's actions have done nothing to advance the cause of open carry and everything to promote the sterotype of irresponsible gun owners. Add in his criminal history and it just gets even better with every stunt he pulls.

Seriously, we need to stop feeding the worm his attention and spend more of it on the responsible gun rights activists.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP...As I said, not looking to instigate but to educate. This could end up effecting us all!

You do realize that of all the positive things one could have said about the article, by focusing on a negative, you've basically advanced the enemy's propaganda goals for them, right?

Actually, Ayoob did us a favor by distancing gun owners from the individual in a national publication.

Also, Ayoob was rather balanced in his treatment of OC. Ayoob brought up the Tennessee individual as an example of what not to do. Don't be an instigator or provocatuer or something were Ayoob's words.

Overall the article was in my opinion beneficial towards OC. Free advertising, plus, while Ayoob did not come out in unreserved support for OC, the absence of opposition on his part is definitely a positive for us.

Last edited:

kwikrnu

Banned
The individual in question's actions have done nothing to advance the cause of open carry and everything to promote the sterotype of irresponsible gun owners. Add in his criminal history and it just gets even better with every stunt he pulls.

Cite.

I have done nothing irresponsible.

kwikrnu

Banned
...the absence of opposition on his part is definitely a positive for us.

There was no absence of opposition, the article was a hit piece on open carry. If cops don't like the clothing of the open carrier or the handgun carried by the open carrier the cops should stop the person in violation of the Fourth Amendment.

trooper46

Cite.

I have done nothing irresponsible.

Painting a weapon to look like a toy is irresponsible and stupid.

As for criminal history,two words..........domestic violence. Which frankly, doesnt suprise me in the slightest considering all the other crap you've pulled.

kwikrnu

Banned
Painting a weapon to look like a toy is irresponsible and stupid.

As for criminal history,two words..........domestic violence. Which frankly, doesnt suprise me in the slightest considering all the other crap you've pulled.

I have no criminal history. Please PM me your information so I can sue you for libel.

Painting a gun is not illegal or irresponsible. If it were a toy there was no reason for the detention. If it was a real gun there was no reason for the detention because I held authority to carry the weapon. The entire argument is a strawman.

Last edited:

trooper46

I have no criminal history. Please PM me your information so I can sue you for libel.

Painting a gun is not illegal or irresponsible. If it were a toy there was no reason for the detention. If it was a real gun there was no reason for the detention because I held authority to carry the weapon. The entire argument is a strawman.

Exspungement does not mean it did not occur as far as the media and others are concerned.

I never said that painting a gun orange is illegal....I said it was stupid and irresponsible along with all of your other stunts. At least they were able to yank your permit.

kwikrnu

Banned
Exspungement does not mean it did not occur as far as the media and others are concerned.

I never said that painting a gun orange is illegal....I said it was stupid and irresponsible along with all of your other stunts. At least they were able to yank your permit.

There has been no expungement of any criminal record nor any record of domestic violence.

I demand you remove all comments related to this immediately.

If you are so sure of yourself, post your name and address so that I may file suit against you.

Last edited:

trooper46

There has been no expungement of any criminal record nor any record of domestic violence.

I demand you remove all comments related to this immediately.

If you are so sure of yourself, post your name and address so that I may file suit against you.

I don't give my personal information to nut jobs that paint the end of an ak47 pistol to look like a toy.

As for libel, you have already opened the door by posting police confidential documents on this forum including BOLO and other information that negates your chances of going down that path. That, and after your last failed suite, I'm confident you neither have the funds nor the credibility to pursue such a suite.

kwikrnu

Banned
I don't give my personal information to nut jobs that paint the end of an ak47 pistol to look like a toy.

As for libel, you have already opened the door by posting police confidential documents on this forum including BOLO and other information that negates your chances of going down that path. That, and after your last failed suite, I'm confident you neither have the funds nor the credibility to pursue such a suite.

I've given notice.

neuroblades

You do realize that of all the positive things one could have said about the article, by focusing on a negative, you've basically advanced the enemy's propaganda goals for them, right?

Actually, Ayoob did us a favor by distancing gun owners from the individual in a national publication.

Also, Ayoob was rather balanced in his treatment of OC. Ayoob brought up the Tennessee individual as an example of what not to do. Don't be an instigator or provocatuer or something were Ayoob's words.

Overall the article was in my opinion beneficial towards OC. Free advertising, plus, while Ayoob did not come out in unreserved support for OC, the absence of opposition on his part is definitely a positive for us.

You're correct Citizen. Mas' article are always insightful, helpful and highly educational as well. I try not to miss it, if I can. :)

Mas refered to him as a "provocateur" and a possible anti-gun plant; which I easily believe.

trooper46

I legally open carry. Does open carry cause damage or is a right unexercised a right lost? Even the combat handguns website removed the libelous comments.

You do so in a manner intended to provacate. Not educate. Your resolve to use the most senial of stunts to gain media and police attention is what sheds bad light on this movement. Not anything the previous mentioned have written.

kwikrnu

Banned
You do so in a manner intended to provacate. Not educate. Your resolve to use the most senial of stunts to gain media and police attention is what sheds bad light on this movement. Not anything the previous mentioned have written.

I open carry for the purpose of self-defense. I don't claim to educate cops. Cops have lied and violated my civil rights.

trooper46

I open carry for the purpose of self-defense. I don't claim to educate cops. Cops have lied and violated my civil rights.

And an orange Ak-47 just happens to be the most tactical weapon you own for that purpose. I'm not buying this garbage any more than others on here. Your antics are not the ations of person whose only purpose is "self-defense". Far from it, you seek attention and provocation.