• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WAVE is calling the flock to Madison

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Sheeple call by WAVE. They probably are trying to the raised fist crowd to join in. Gives them another reason bring their bells and bullhorns to the Capitol.

From WAVE's Facebook:

Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort
Before the recall elections, Walker and his pals are trying to rush through the most outrageous pieces of legislation - including the "loaded, hidden guns in public" bill. (The bill is even worse than we thought. It's more radical than the laws in almost any other state -- even gun-lovin' Texas.)
C'mon Wisconsin, let's stop the extremists! Join us in Madison at the hearing on Thursday!

Public Hearing on Loaded, Hidden Guns in Public
Time: ‎10:30AM Thursday, May 12th..
2 hours ago · Like · Comment.
Heidi Rose, Jacqueline Haessly, Bill Christofferson and 2 others like this..
Jenny Justice Please stop the wi gop!!!!

From WAVE Facebook Activity signup page:

Public Hearing on Loaded, Hidden Guns in Public
Share · Public Event.Time Thursday, May 12 · 10:30am - 5:00pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Location State Capitol, Room 417 North

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Created By Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort

More Info Please join us in Madison to oppose LRB 2033, legislation that would allow the carrying of loaded, hidden weapons in our banks, taverns, parks, grocery stores, Summerfest, universities, Lambeau Field, school zones, and just about all other public places.

BrewTownBagger

Im heading up Thursday from Wauwatosa. If anyone wants to carpool let me know. I have room for three more.

Shoot me a private message

I have room for one more

Last edited:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
WAVE is trying to get social workers to join them. Wonder what faux facts they will present to the committee.

From http://www.naswwi.org/advocacy/legislative-political-action-issues/

•CONCEAL CARRY LEGISLATION
NASW WI and the Wisconsin Anti-Violence Education Effort (WAVE) have recently formed a statewide coalition to oppose and/or obtain training and exemptions to expected legislation that would allow Wisconsin residents to carry a concealed weapon. If you would like to help efforts to oppose conceal carry legislation, or if you would like to see an exemption so that a concealed weapon cannot be taken into your agency, please contact either Marc Herstand at the NASW WI office at marcherstand@tds.net or by phone at 608-257-6334 or contact Heidi Rose or Jeri Bonavia at WAVE in Milwaukee at (414) 351-9283 or wave@WaveEdFund.org

bigdaddy1

Wonder if we can sue

Did you ever wonder if we could sue organizations like WAVE for oppression of our constitutional rights? They spread false information, disinformation and fabricated facts to further their actions. That sounds like a blatant affront to the Constitution of the United States of America.

hardballer

Did you ever wonder if we could sue organizations like WAVE for oppression of our constitutional rights? They spread false information, disinformation and fabricated facts to further their actions. That sounds like a blatant affront to the Constitution of the United States of America.

Exactly how the left has operated from the beginning. Yes we should be suing, protesting, writing informative editorials, Putting up billboards, making TV and radio commercials, standing before congress and senate. demanding, in your face. etc. etc. etc. It is the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America! Dammit!

XDFDE45

Remember how the Clinton administration and HUD used these tactics and got the old owners of S&W to go along with their anti agenda and the HUGE backlash against S&W? What they couldn't do thru the legislature they tried to back door thru the courts :cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:.

Jason in WI

Remember how the Clinton administration and HUD used these tactics and got the old owners of S&W to go along with their anti agenda and the HUGE backlash against S&W? What they couldn't do thru the legislature they tried to back door thru the courts :cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:.

Please don't remind me!

Took me a long while to decide if I wanted to buy my current S&W firearm even though I was assured the new company is different, and I wasn't even into guns when that all went down!. Still have a bad taste in my mouth.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran

Here is the organization to consider for leading the charge.

http://www.saf.org/

XDFDE45

Please don't remind me!

Took me a long while to decide if I wanted to buy my current S&W firearm even though I was assured the new company is different, and I wasn't even into guns when that all went down!. Still have a bad taste in my mouth.
IIRC at that time the owners were from England or Europe. After that all went down it was bought by Americans and it did take awhile for them to get back in the game but I think they have done well since.