• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lifetime NRA memberships available for $500 .. get it while it lasts

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Seems that some just like to bite the hand that feeds them because they did not get enough or it didn't taste just right:eek:

DeltaOps in case you did not know there are more here that feel similar as you do they just choose not to hear the rhetoric of some.

Has DeltaOps posted somewhere in this thread?

twoskinsonemanns

So do you? Have you sent them a check lately?

Lots of people talk about who they would or wouldn't support but when it comes right down to it, their money remains in their pocket.

Like it or not, the latest favorable rulings by the Supremes were a result of the NRA and SAF. As for GOA, their activity seems to be mostly that of filing amicus brief's while letting the NRA and SAF do the heavy lifting. GOA certainly does like to take credit though.

I think the NRA has done some good things and we should support them. But they can't do it all and often compromise in ways we might not agree with. This is why we should also support the smaller guys.

I think of the BIGGEST wins ever for the 2A was Heller Vs DC, a case the NRA declined to take. The case was a huge step making clear that firearm ownership is a civil right.

If you are considering a place to put your financial support please look into the hellerfoundation.org

They are moving to place follow up suits in place that could make giant leaps for the 2A cause!
Please support them

LkWd_Don

I like their politics better than NRA.
+1
That in and of itself is a much better way of putting things than a comment like
1. I wouldn't become a life member even if it were free,

I am a member of NRA. I remain a member not because of the CEO's Pro-Gun stance, but because of all the good they do based upon their founding principles of providing firearms Education and improvement, including Hunter and Youth programs.

Being a disabled/retired vet I do not have the cash to give to every pro-gun organization out here, so I give what I can when I can to those who can articulate a rational real need.

Based upon some comments I have seen, its inferred that because I do not financially support everyone of the gun-rights/pro-gun organizations other than the NRA makes me a bad person. Oh well then, so be it, I'll be that bad person who picks and chooses those he sees as promoting the greater good and will let everyone know of those who I feel have done me wrong, that I will not.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Why does the NRA even charge for membership?

They certainly make it sound like you have to PAY to be a member....what, so people who cannot afford $500 are SOL?

I would think that they want their #s to be as large as possible....like facebook :) (FB broke $20 barrier !! Oh, wrong direction, rats)

SpyderTattoo

The $500 is the lifetime membership. If you can't pay for that you can do the $25.00 annual membership.

From what I have heard, the NRA would actually prefer to have everyone do the yearly membership, that way they receive more money in the longrun. If everyone did the lifetime membership then the overall funding would be less.

( I am not, nor will I ever be a member of NRA )

jbone

Saying that we would not support the NRA is not bad mouthing it, directly or indirectly. Please stop mis-interpreting things.

Really? Because you're not being supportive right now.

I feel you on this one, well not literally. But we have something in common; I received much gross mis-interpretation over my signature. It seems not supporting these days is taboo, not PC, don’t understand what you’re talking about, and, can even result in having an ism attached.
Dont' sweat it we all get it!

twoskinsonemanns

They certainly make it sound like you have to PAY to be a member....what, so people who cannot afford $500 are SOL?

I would think that they want their #s to be as large as possible....like facebook :) (FB broke $20 barrier !! Oh, wrong direction, rats)

I become an NRA member every time I buy a new Taurus ;)

Voob

Freedom is a funny thing. Everyone wants freedom, but few are willing to take the part of freedom that is part of the base definition, which is the freedom to take the consequences.

All groups have their ups and downs; all philosophies, belief structures, political viewpoints, etc all have good and bad sides. Life is about compromise unless you live alone on an island and no one else is affected by your decisions. In this case, some feel the good out weigh the bad, others vice versa. Who is right? Everyone is right as long as they state their own beliefs, because regardless of what anyone tells you, your personal feelings can't be wrong because they are yours alone. It's only when you take your feelings and place them on someone else does it become an issue.

Funny old thing, life.

sudden valley gunner

So, I am trying to follow the tread. I ask a simple legitimate question and I get a personal insult. Thanks for letting me know where I stand.

"Resort is had to ridicule when reason is against us."---Jefferson

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength."--Eric Hoffer

Freedom is a funny thing. Everyone wants freedom, but few are willing to take the part of freedom that is part of the base definition, which is the freedom to take the consequences.

All groups have their ups and downs; all philosophies, belief structures, political viewpoints, etc all have good and bad sides. Life is about compromise unless you live alone on an island and no one else is affected by your decisions. In this case, some feel the good out weigh the bad, others vice versa. Who is right? Everyone is right as long as they state their own beliefs, because regardless of what anyone tells you, your personal feelings can't be wrong because they are yours alone. It's only when you take your feelings and place them on someone else does it become an issue.

Funny old thing, life.

Good post!

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

I must have missed that letter. I'd sure like to see it. Maybe a PM with attachment...

I don't think Bill authored it (could be wrong) but he posted it in one of the non state rooms. Since it talks about many of the problems with NRA it might have to be done through PM now :cool:

Found it, I was slightly mistaken it was a letter to Ted Nugent about the NRA, I have since changed my mind about Uncle Ted.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...he-Day-I’ll-Join-The-NRA&highlight=letter+NRA

Last edited: