• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Aloc/agr

SFCRetired

To Whom it May Concern:

I am no longer associated with or a part of the forum/group known as ALOC/AGR nor do I desire that my screen name/real name ever be associated with the present forum/organization.

Any inquiries as to my reasons may be addressed to me via PM.

SFCRetired

Aughhh,

Just love the abriviations, since retirement from the USAF I haven't got to use them as much....lol

Well, DocWalker, you know how it is. Some of us served in the military and some of you served in the Air Force!!:D

Last overseas duty station: Bitburg Air Base, Bitburg, Germany. It's closed now, but I had some good times there and some very bad times. For what it is worth, I got more support for my troops from the Air Force than I did from Baumholder MILCOM, the ones who were supposed to be supporting us.

And if you think I pick on the Air Force, you should see what I do to the Marine Corps!!!:banana:

DocWalker

Well, DocWalker, you know how it is. Some of us served in the military and some of you served in the Air Force!!:D

Last overseas duty station: Bitburg Air Base, Bitburg, Germany. It's closed now, but I had some good times there and some very bad times. For what it is worth, I got more support for my troops from the Air Force than I did from Baumholder MILCOM, the ones who were supposed to be supporting us.

And if you think I pick on the Air Force, you should see what I do to the Marine Corps!!!:banana:

Not a problem, I wasn't your typical AF winniee. I worked with the USA a lot, a deployment with the 2nd Ranger Bat. and 6 years at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany from 1997-2003. With multiple deployments in such exotic locations as Turkey (not Incerlick), Iraq, Afhganistan, Romania, and Hungery. I was an Independent Duty Medical guy and deployed to the most obscure places as the only medical guy out there. Army guys were ok, the Marines were just interesting.....lol

ALOC1911

SFC that's my orange tarp in the background of your avatar. Just thought I'd tell you that since I just realized where that pic was taken.

davidmcbeth

Banned

Zinged! Ouch....of course the B-52s I worked on would disagree. When you need it killed RIGHT NOW, who do you call? USAF.

My job? To help vaporize millions of communist men, women, and children ... who could ask for a better job than that!

Other DOD departments are just sore because we got good grub...and that they could not join the USAF due to low test scores...so had to go into the Navy, Army, or Marines (and I still don't consider the Coast Guard to be military service).

And I did not like Germany ... older folks were happy to have us there and young folks hated our guts...

IMO we should pull out all troops from the EU; they're big boys now and can take care of themselves. Besides, the USAF is still around ... to take care of any problems that may arise...

Bama

Sorry to see you go Sarge. ALOC/AGR will miss you greatly. I certainly enjoyed getting to meet you and your wife at Country's BBQ.

Deacon Blues

Sarge, as long as you stay involved in OC in Alabama, you need make no apologies to me. Just don't go into that "self-imposed exile" I talked about on the other forum.

There are always other forums/organizations, present and future.

Brimstone Baritone

Sorry to see you go Sarge. ALOC/AGR will miss you greatly. I certainly enjoyed getting to meet you and your wife at Country's BBQ.

This bears repeating, because people always seem to forget. You may no longer be associated with a website, but you're still part of the Open Carry movement in your area. Please still arrange and attend meetings with other open carriers. We need you. :)

Edit: Damn OC Ninjas! Get offa my lawn!

Last edited:

Bama

I didn't mean to imply that I would turn away from Sarge ( or any other former member of ALOC/AGR) just because they are no longer a part of that forum ( whether voluntary or not.) There were a few members I met that night for the first time in person, I respected them then, and still do now. That is not the only group working towards gun rights in Alabama, we need all the participation we can muster for the ongoing work to restore and protect our rights.

SFCRetired

Let me assure everyone that, yes, I will continue to be involved in Open Carry and Firearm Rights here in Alabama. Just not under the aegis of ALOC/AGR as it is presently constituted. I won't repeat my reasons here as I publicly stated them on that website.