• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ed's Guns in Vass anti OC

WalkingWolf

Stopped in today to pick up some smokeless powder, was turned away by the front clerk. Told we had to unload guns to OC inside the shop. I asked the clerk for Ed and was told he was at a gun show in Charlotte. I believe this is the second time that a OCer has been turned away by a clerk in Ed's.

On a good note Kendale Pawn is OC friendly, only naturally they do not carry smokeless gun powder. Looks like I will have to order online unless I can find a OC friendly powder dealer around Sanford.

WalkingWolf

what good is an unloaded gun lol

Not any good, plus the danger of unloading and loading at the door. This issue came up before, probably the same clerk, hopefully Ed will clear the issue up, if not I won't do business with them.

Paw

Hey guys. I thought Ed cleared this up before? His staff either does'nt listen to him or they need to be retrained.

WalkingWolf

The issue with Ed's has been resolved, he said the clerk was a temporary employee, and did not understand store policy. Ed is pro OC he just wants those with loaded guns in the store to keep those firearms in the holster, understandable. He sent me two emails apologizing.

razor_baghdad

24hrs Flash to Bang. Nice resolution!!

Time for a "We ALLOW OC" sign at the door, Ed?

Are there THAT MANY new temporary employees at Ed's that don't get and/or SIGN the MEMO? Wouldn't the clerk have Ed's personal/work cell #?

Seems like this could have been resolved in seconds vs. hours, and a possible loss of $$$$$.

Last edited: