• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

bloomberg asked if he would disarm his security

Peacekeeper

Thanks for the morning laugh ...

The subjects of New York aren't allowed the means to protect themselves. The subjects of New York must pay taxes to provide their "king" with a security detail 24/7.

Contrarian

Bloomgoon,er, Goonberg - - whatever.

The reporter asked a valid question during his 'visit' with Stockton...do NYPD have any authority in WA DC?

And are you required to show ID in that town?

Cites if you have them.

Gil223

The reporter asked a valid question during his 'visit' with Stockton...do NYPD have any authority in WA DC?

Cites if you have them.

With the exceptions of "hot pursuit", and self-defense/defense of others (neither of which is really an authority issue), I don't believe NYPD has any "authority" in D.C.. A LEO's "authority" is generally jurisdictional, and powers of arrest are quite limited outside of their jusrisdiction. A politician's security detail may have a bit more flexibility depending upon their arrangement with the host city's LEA. Their basic function is to protect Mayor Bloomschmuck from nonspecific threats, and to shield him from people who are trying to get a straight answer from him. He's an important man, and has no felt need to answer to the people unless it is on his turf and his terms. Of course, that interaction takes place only after they have been approved by him in order to insure they do not oppose any of his policies.

Having press credentials should be all the ID they needed to see, and I believe they overstepped their limited authority by repeatedly asking to see "photo ID". Then later, asking "Do you have a date of birth?" My answer would have been, "What a DFQ - of course I do... I got it at birth, like most people." Many LEO's will push the legal envelope because most people know nothing about their rights, and accept their authority without question.

I'm going to take a wild guess, and say that Mayor Bloomputz will not disarm his security detail... because he's pissed off a lot of people with his overarching stupidity.
:shocker: Pax...

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

SNIP

Having press credentials should be all the ID they needed to see, and I believe they overstepped their limited authority by repeatedly asking to see "photo ID". Then later, asking "Do you have a date of birth?" My answer would have been, "What a DFQ - of course I do... I got it at birth, like most people." Many LEO's will push the legal envelope because most people know nothing about their rights, and accept their authority without question.

I'm going to take a wild guess, and say that Mayor Bloomputz will not disarm his security detail... because he's pissed off a lot of people with his overarching stupidity.
:shocker: Pax...

Nope, I was created in a laboratory in a test tube.
Nope, I was hatched from an egg.
Yes, but I am unsure on what it would translate out to on this planet.

sudden valley gunner

"Am I being detained?"

Actually if I was in his position with a camera man following me I would have refused to answer his request for ID and asked to see his.

kadar

I was not cognizant of the fact at the time of occurrence.
I have been told the name/date of birth but repeating it would be hearsay.

:)

hermannr

Cites if you have them.

Random check of ID is illegal anywhere in the US...US Supreme Court in Prouse V Delaware,

Does a NYPD officer have an jusrisdiction in WDC? Only if they have a signed agreement with the WDC PD.

I will give you an example: The City Of Spokane hired Frank Straub to be CoP. Chief Straub had been a CoP in Indiana and PA, He has also been a federal officer...even though he was the CoP, he did not have police powers until he finished WA police academy, and too a state law test. The WA police academy waved most of his physical academy requirements, but he still had the legal course and test before he had any police powers.

Last edited:

Ca Patriot

I am of the opinion that Bloomberg would be a murderous dictator if the law and armed citizens didnt prevent him.

He and people like him are the reason the founders wrote the 2nd Amendment and the reason why I will NEVER give up my guns.

Gil223

Random check of ID is illegal anywhere in the US...US Supreme Court in Prouse V Delaware,

Does a NYPD officer have an jusrisdiction in WDC? Only if they have a signed agreement with the WDC PD.

I will give you an example: The City Of Spokane hired Frank Straub to be CoP. Chief Straub had been a CoP in Indiana and PA, He has also been a federal officer...even though he was the CoP, he did not have police powers until he finished WA police academy, and too a state law test. The WA police academy waved most of his physical academy requirements, but he still had the legal course and test before he had any police powers.

Of what, exactly, was that supposed to be an "example"? Washington State LE certification requirements (I'm struggling to find the relationship between the "quote" and the "example")? Pax...

dmatting

"Am I being detained?"

Actually if I was in his position with a camera man following me I would have refused to answer his request for ID and asked to see his.

A NY cop in DC? I wouldn't even bother with the detainment question.

I give the reporter kudos for confronting the supreme leader of NYC but he should be going into these things with full knowledge of his rights and the limitations of the police, etc. I got the impression that he was intimidated by that thug on the street and ended up showing some nameless goon his drivers license. He should have told him to bugger off.

Better yet, he should have started grilling the goon about what type of weapons he was carrying and if he was properly permitted to carry those weapons in DC. Pepper the goon with questions and just keep repeating and repeating the same questions. Nothing like turning the tables on asshats like that.