• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Australia Crazy. Police handcuff pull guns on 12 year old boy playing with toy gun.

Kloutier

Turning into a flame war. Please stay on topic.

I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

just let it go. Its the Internet and people with have different feelings on some topics.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Damn I guess all our experiences aren't real world......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thats a mighty big asssumption and an arrogant and haughty thing to say...should be more open minded, just my opinion.

Ive been through more than most people, but I don't assume I know more because of it.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
BTW, It also seems that no one picked up on the fact that I stated arresting the 12 year old for having a toy was not a smart thing to do. It was really the wrong thing to do. Once a 'threat" is determined to not be a threat, you do NOT continue treating the situation as a threat.

:cool:

You're right, I missed it. But I certainly agree with you, here! That was dumb of the cops to continue to prosecute the situation based on their adrenaline level, instead of reality.

OldCurlyWolf

You're right, I missed it. But I certainly agree with you, here! That was dumb of the cops to continue to prosecute the situation based on their adrenaline level, instead of reality.

Finally.

They have to treat the threat as "REAL" until proved otherwise. That is hitting the scene with weapons drawn, etc.

Once the scene is fully assessed and it is determined that no weapons were involved except the ones the PD brought, it is time to let brains override procedure.

No throwing 12 year olds without a weapon into cuffs and into jail and bringing charges yet? STUPID.

:cool:

Last edited: