• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

All carry rights under attack !!!!!

Wisconsin Carry Inc.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Ladies and gentlemen:

The time to act is NOW! We need your support!

The Eau Claire County Board is about to pass the biggest ANTI-Gun resolution in state history TODAY (May 17, 2011). We need your help! We need you there!

http://www.co.eau-claire.wi.us/Agenda_and_Minutes/docs/CountyBoard/Agenda/051711.pdf

http://www.facebook.com/notes/ken-f...public-legislation-lrb-2033/10150180718606958

I WILL be there, please wear your cleanest WCI shirt, your empty holster, your "guns save lives buttons" and as always, bring your best behavior.

The board meeting is scheduled for 7:00PM

Carry On,

goforlow

I will be there. I have 2 others coming with already.

Remember folks, if this passes in one county, more will fall!!

The more people we have for "our" side the better.

BROKENSPROKET

I'll be there... but I don't have a sticker....not that you would see it on my orange shirt.

This Gerald Wilkie is the Director of The Bolton Refuge House.....you bet I will be there.

Wait... an orange sticker would show up well on my blue "I Stand Wtih Walker" t-shirt.

Last edited:

AaronS

Wish I could make it.

I thought 66.0409 would have put an end to this stuff by now... Guess not...
Let them know it would be a violation of State law once CC does pass.

BROKENSPROKET

Wish I could make it.

I thought 66.0409 would have put an end to this stuff by now... Guess not...
Let them know it would be a violation of State law once CC does pass.

It's just a RESOLUTION. It will have absolutely no force of law. Remember, Eau Claire was the first city to pass a Resolution against the budget Repair Bill. All this resolution will be is a voice for EC County Board to make as if they spoke at the commitee hearings. Adn do you really think the Eau Claire County Board will have a stronger voice than than the Police Chiefs Assoc.(I don't know what they are called). Hopefully EC County Sheriff Ron Cramer will be there.

Remember Jackson County Board meeting. Standing room only and hallway full.

Last edited:

Mlutz

I was confused about the pre exemption also, Hubert explained it to me though. And I agree its a load of...

goforlow

Greg, I texted Dan and Lance. I will follow up with a call in the morning.

I have Annette and Matt D. You have not met Matt yet.

Can you call Scott Werich? I don't have his number any more. Maybe he can get some Icarry guys?

HandyHamlet

(4)(a) Nothing in this section prohibits a political subdivision from continuing to enforce an ordinance or resolution that is in effect on November 18, 1995, and that regulates the sale, purchase, transfer, ownership, use, keeping, possession, bearing, transportation, licensing, permitting, registration or taxation of any firearm or part of a firearm, including ammunition and reloader components, if the ordinance or resolution is the same as or similar to, and no more stringent than, a state statute.

Political grand standing then?

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

(4)(a) Nothing in this section prohibits a political subdivision from continuing to enforce an ordinance or resolution that is in effect on November 18, 1995, and that regulates the sale, purchase, transfer, ownership, use, keeping, possession, bearing, transportation, licensing, permitting, registration or taxation of any firearm or part of a firearm, including ammunition and reloader components, if the ordinance or resolution is the same as or similar to, and no more stringent than, a state statute.

YES and I added some red.

Last edited:

Wisconsin Carry Inc.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Yo Handy: I had forgotten the word RESOLUTION was in 66.0409. IF they let me speak tonight, I'll mention that in my comments as well. Thank you.

Wisconsin Carry Inc.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
How do you "enforce" a "resolution"? Harsh language?

A resolution has no "force of law." Rather, it is intended to draw attention to a particular issue and educate the public. A resolution would allow the county clerk or administrator to send a letter in "opposition" to the legislature.

We MUST stand against these types of FEAR MONGERING!

Hope to see many of you there. Call you friends/relatives. IF you know anybody in the Eau Claire area, encourage them to attend and show their opposition to this resolution.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Fearmongering 101

Wow! On the FB page, Wilkie took his fearmongering B.S. almost word for word from the WAVE talking points. How does somebody like that get elected in the first place? Oh, I know, by not showing his real agenda - abject control of other people - until he is in office. :cuss: Go gettum, Hubert! :banana:

M

McX

looks like their resolution left out the Shall NOT be infringed part.

BROKENSPROKET

The Resolution was not even heard. For some procedural reason, the rules had to be suspended to hear the resolution. A motion was made by the author, and someone else seconded it, but there was an objection so it had to pass a 2/3 vote to be heard and opened for debate. The motion was defeated 14-12.

That was over 3 hours ago. I am suprised I was the first one back to this thread.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

The Resolution was not even heard. For some procedural reason, the rules had to be suspended to hear the resolution. A motion was made by the author, and someone else seconded it, but there was an objection so it had to pass a 2/3 vote to be heard and opened for debate. The motion was defeated 14-12....
It sounds like the Eau Claire County Board recognized this resolution for the fear-mongering rhetoric that it was and didn't want to be associated with it. So it never even saw the light of day! Fantastic! That is one of the advantages of being from a more rural part of Wisconsin... you know bu!!sh!t when you step in it!

Nice job, everybody. Hubert sounded the call to action and you responded. This, and the Petsmart incident makes me believe that we have finally really reached critical mass when we can mobilize and concentrate our efforts to achieve a goal. Consequently, there will probably more attempts to divide us.... Resist them, keep your eye on the goal of restoring our God-given rights. Let's face it, Wisconsin would be an even more awesome place to live if we could each experience Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness without outside interference.