• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good Experience

bigguyswife

Good Morning all,

My name is Stephanie and I'm The Big Guys wife. I'm new to the forum here. I just wanted to share an experience we had yesterday. We went to Plant World to get some things for our garden. We were approached by a woman who wanted to thank us for open carrying. She said she appreciated seeing us exerciting our rights. She and her husband had recently moved here from Nebraska and don't have their guns here yet.

I get some interesting looks from people when they realize that yes, it is a gun on my hip. The only "problem" I have personally had was at Micheal's one day. That was several months ago and just last week I received a reply from the company......they had finally assigned my complaint a number.

I know that we women who carry are much fewer in number than you men but I'm hoping to change that. I would like to put together a group of women in the Vegas/Puhrump/Henderson area. If any of the women here are interested in having lunch with me, please contact me. Guys, talk to your women!

Have a blessed day,

Stephanie
thebuyguyswife.

bigguyswife

I've never heard of the Second Amendment Sisters but would love to have more info. I'll google it.

Thanks,
Stephanie
thebigguyswife

bigguyswife

Second Amendment Sisters doesn't appear (from the what I saw on their site) to be a very active group. I'm mainly just looking for a few gals around here to get together every month or so for lunch to encourage each other and other local women to open carry. I know that I as a woman am self conscious about wearing my gun. I like to be feminine but want to exercise my rights as well. I know how long it took me to start wearing my gun on a regular basis and I'm willing to bet that there are other women that feel the same way. I'd like to see more women carrying......I feel so alone!

Stephanie
the big guys wife

frodo0602

For bigguys wife Stephanie

Bigguyswife,

My husband told me about your post and I'd love to try and get a ladies open carry group going with you. I recently bought my first handgun, a Walther PPQ, but have yet to find a holster for it since it's still such a new gun. Maybe hubby will let me borrow his Glock on occasion in the meantime ;) We can get together like once a month or so, go shooting at the range and have lunch. I know another open carry gal that might be interested in joining us as well. Let me know!

Kate

SkydiverKate

This is Kate again

I realized I replied to your thread under my husbands username instead of my own, haha. Let me know when you're available to go shooting. We could get a group together!

Kate

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
There have been a couple of different attempts to get a womens' gun group moving. When things are relatively calm, they seem to fade out. SAS is an example, same for Women Against Gun Control (when I was in Utah, they had a couple of rallies on the State Capitol steps).

I came up with a slogan for WAGC a few years ago, feel free to use it:

"Gun Rights Are Womens' Rights"

You might also remember Sandra Froman's line from an Arizona rally: "If you are strong enough to carry a man's groceries and a man's baby, you are strong enough to carry a man's gun!" She went on from there to be a VP of NRA.

OC for ME

Let me see....if you deny a woman the 'right' to birth control (not my claim), you are engaging in a 'war on women'.

So....if you deny a woman the 'right' to keep and bear arms, you are engaging in a 'war on women'.

Works for me.

bigguyswife

Okay, here's the plan so far. How does the Olive Garden on the strip (sorta central for all) on April 14th at noon sound? Olive Garden should have something for everyone's diet/tastes. We can talk about going shooting and maybe having a monthly/bi-monthly get together.

My husband has a membership to the Boulder City Pistol and Rifle Club. He's going to check to see if I can use it for us to go shooting. He's seem nervous about letting me go without him especially since I want to bring my 44! I've seen Dirty Harry one too many times. Just a head's up, I WILL NOT use the Clark County Shooting Park until Clark County does away with its ridiculous gun registration. Sorry, ladies, but I gotta back up my hubby on this one.

Anyway, we can talk and makes some plans at the lunch. Check out the women who carry thread for any further updates or change in plans. Don't hesitate to PM me.

Blessings,
Stephanie
The Big Guys wife

bigguyswife

Oh yeah,

If you know some women that are wanting to open carry but are nervous or self conscsious about it, invite them too. We were once in their place!

Stephanie
the big guys wife

bigguyswife

You might also remember Sandra Froman's line from an Arizona rally: "If you are strong enough to carry a man's groceries and a man's baby, you are strong enough to carry a man's gun!" She went on from there to be a VP of NRA.

LOVE IT!! I've carried 7 babies and LOTS of groceries!!!!

Stephanie
the big guys wife