• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Racially-charged Language

SFCRetired

There is a thread here in the Social Lounge that I find disturbing. I have no wish to accuse anyone of even inadvertent racism, but I will point out that language can be a powerful tool for either good or bad and some of the language in that thread is doing our cause, and this site, no good.

Our enemies paint us as racist, toothless, redneck yahoos who are going around armed with the sincere desire of shooting someone, preferably someone of color. I would hope that no reasonable person believes this of us, but, realist that I am, I have no doubts that there are many otherwise reasonable, sane people who are undecided who could be swayed by our injudicious use of racially-charged language.

I beg each of you, as members of this forum, to carefully consider what you are saying in your posts. Let's keep to the highest moral ground in these difficult times.

Please take this message in the spirit in which it is offered.

In addition: Political correctness is one thing. I abhor it as much as anyone. I do not, however, care for racist, sexist, or any other such language.

Last edited:

eye95

Um...I do thump my Bible. Please don't include that in a list of negative stereotypes.

I find that religiously-charged language! ;)

Your point on the racially-charged language is spot-on. The thread title should be changed, a note that it was should be left in that first post, and the author should be rebuked.

Frankly, I had never heard the term before and assumed that it was some slang with which I was unfamiliar that merely referred to a generic riot. My mind just works that way. I assume the best in people until they prove otherwise. All too often that proof is a short time coming.

The poster should be ashamed of himself. Based on prior experiences with him, I suspect that he will not be.

Kopis

i concur with the OP that racially charged language is a detriment to this site. I dont OC very often but when i do, i am sure that i am dressed well and act in a manner fitting to the responsibility that i am carrying on my hip. In the same way, we should respect others on this site in a manner that shows we are responsible individuals.

Last edited:

beebobby

"Dog whistles" like that are proof that racism is still being taught. Nobody is confused by those that claim we are becoming too "PC". And pointing out racism doesn't make me a racist. This person is not a good representative of gun rights.

77zach

I'm not racist but that doesn't matter to the people calling us racist for political purposes. I find American black culture to be based on ignorance, lying, racism, and retardation for lack of a better word. They can help this, they choose not to. The state and media encourage them not too. If by pointing this out I'm seen as racist so be it.

Last edited:

minarchist

"Dog whistles" like that are proof that racism is still being taught. Nobody is confused by those that claim we are becoming too "PC". And pointing out racism doesn't make me a racist. This person is not a good representative of gun rights.

You're the one promoting cultural Marxism. Do you think that radical leftist ideology and gun rights are particularly compatible? :rolleyes:

beebobby

You're the one promoting cultural Marxism. Do you think that radical leftist ideology and gun rights are particularly compatible? :rolleyes:

How does "cultural Marxism" (a made up term if I ever heard one) equate to learned racism? "Radical leftist ideology". meh. I think your vocabulary is getting ahead of your thought process.

I stand corrected. Lyndone LaRouche coined the term "cultural Marxism".
From Wikipedia:

According to historian Martin Jay writing in 2010, "what began as a bizarre Lyndon Larouche coinage has become the common currency of a larger and larger public of addled enragés [and] has entered at least the fringes of the mainstream."[1]

"In a nutshell, the theory posits that a tiny group of Jewish philosophers who fled Germany in the 1930s and set up shop at Columbia University in New York City devised an unorthodox form of 'Marxism' that took aim at American society's culture, rather than its economic system. The theory holds that these self-interested Jews — the so-called 'Frankfurt School' of philosophers — planned to try to convince mainstream Americans that white ethnic pride is bad, that sexual liberation is good, and that supposedly traditional American values — Christianity, 'family values,' and so on — are reactionary and bigoted. With their core values thus subverted, the theory goes, Americans would be quick to sign on to the ideas of the far left."[2]

So no, I'm not promoting "cultural Marxism", I just detest racists and would rather not be a part of any organization that tolerates them.

Last edited:

minarchist

How does "cultural Marxism" (a made up term if I ever heard one) equate to learned racism? "Radical leftist ideology". meh. I think your vocabulary is getting ahead of your thought process.

I stand corrected. Lyndone LaRouche coined the term "cultural Marxism".
From Wikipedia:

According to historian Martin Jay writing in 2010, "what began as a bizarre Lyndon Larouche coinage has become the common currency of a larger and larger public of addled enragés [and] has entered at least the fringes of the mainstream."[1]

"In a nutshell, the theory posits that a tiny group of Jewish philosophers who fled Germany in the 1930s and set up shop at Columbia University in New York City devised an unorthodox form of 'Marxism' that took aim at American society's culture, rather than its economic system. The theory holds that these self-interested Jews — the so-called 'Frankfurt School' of philosophers — planned to try to convince mainstream Americans that white ethnic pride is bad, that sexual liberation is good, and that supposedly traditional American values — Christianity, 'family values,' and so on — are reactionary and bigoted. With their core values thus subverted, the theory goes, Americans would be quick to sign on to the ideas of the far left."[2]

So no, I'm not promoting "cultural Marxism", I just detest racists and would rather not be a part of any organization that tolerates them.

Explain why you think that "racist" language is so horrible, and yet apparently don't give a $hit about actual violence (afterall, when I mention the possibility of riots, you ignored that and instead focused on what I said, making it clear that you think that "racist" language is a more serious offense than rape, murder, assault, arson, etc.).

Daylen

Explain why you think that "racist" language is so horrible, and yet apparently don't give a $hit about actual violence (afterall, when I mention the possibility of riots, you ignored that and instead focused on what I said, making it clear that you think that "racist" language is a more serious offense than rape, murder, assault, arson, etc.).

Why should anyone care about actual violence? That is easy to deal with and most on here are well prepared for it. Its the hatred and collectivism you espouse that is disturbing.

OC for ME

<snip> So no, I'm not promoting "cultural Marxism", I just detest racists and would rather not be a part of any organization that tolerates them.
It is very likely that you do not detest racists as much as you claim. You likely detest only certain racists depending on their political leanings.

The democrat party/liberals work very hard to ensure that racism (the race business) remains a prominent fixture in our society. You need not look any farther than the GZ case to find the truth in my words.

<snipped for easier reading>
You just did accuse me without naming me specifically.

Our enemies will call us anything no matter what we do.

Who you calling a yahoo?

Take your own advice and post directly to the thread that appears to offend you.

What spirit?

PC light is still PC. Your OP is PC. So, you do not appear to me to abhor PC as much as you claim.

Address those instances that you do not care for directly. Confront evil doers directly. Confront your enemies directly.

I need no reminder, nor does the vast majority of those here on OCDO.

Focus your disappointment on that which disappoints you. Lumping me in with that other fella, via a "friendly reminder to all" necessary. Talk about PC.....sheesh.

I could have taken the high road and just ignored your post. I confront PC nitwittery whenever I encounter it. Just as I confront those who "offend" me directly.

minarchist

(1) Someone makes an accusation against me.

(2) I refute the accusation.

(3) My refutation gets deleted.

So I am supposed to just let people slander me unopposed? I thought that this board was for people whi believe in justice.

eye95

Without actually seeing the post (impossible if it has been deleted), I can still say with some certainty that you did more than refute an accusation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

SFCRetired

Originally posted by OC for Me:

//snip//
You just did accuse me without naming me specifically.

Our enemies will call us anything no matter what we do.

Who you calling a yahoo?

Take your own advice and post directly to the thread that appears to offend you.

What spirit?

PC light is still PC. Your OP is PC. So, you do not appear to me to abhor PC as much as you claim.

Address those instances that you do not care for directly. Confront evil doers directly. Confront your enemies directly.

I need no reminder, nor does the vast majority of those here on OCDO.

Focus your disappointment on that which disappoints you. Lumping me in with that other fella, via a "friendly reminder to all" necessary. Talk about PC.....sheesh.

I could have taken the high road and just ignored your post. I confront PC nitwittery whenever I encounter it. Just as I confront those who "offend" me directly.//snip//

1. I accused no one, either directly or indirectly. There were many comments made that were, at best, borderline.
2. Yes, they will. But we do not need to give them even more ammunition, do we?
3. I called no one a yahoo. You might want to brush up on your reading comprehension.
4. I did.
5 The spirit of trying to keep this forum on the higher moral ground.
6. PC has nothing to do with it. Attempting to prevent our enemies from garnering even more ammunition against us is the goal.
7. Again, I did.
8. Everyone, including myself, could use an occasional reminder to remain civil.
9. Your attitude and your response to my well-intended post is very disappointing to me.
10.As I could have ignored your post. For some unknown reason, you chose to accuse me of "PC nitwittery" and conducted pretty much an ad hominem attack against both me and my motives.

beebobby

"It is very likely that you do not detest racists as much as you claim. You likely detest only certain racists depending on their political leanings."

That statement is 100% incorrect.

Last edited:

DrakeZ07

(1) Someone makes an accusation against me.

(2) I refute the accusation.

(3) My refutation gets deleted.

So I am supposed to just let people slander me unopposed? I thought that this board was for people whi believe in justice.

You thought wrong. These forums are for advocates of Openly Carried side-arms, holstered, loaded and unloaded, unless otherwise mentioned in the rules or on the sub-forum header text... Or however the owners of the forum sees fit to describe the intended use of these forums that they pay for. Not for you, and whoever else to get into a verbal urination match with. If someone is slandering you, then PM a moderator, an Admin, or report the post, be the better man and take it as a grain of salt, and walk away. By responding and slandering back, no matter who started the mess, you become apart of the problem, and have broken a rule or two, even in defense.

This isn't a middle-school playground where tommy and timmy get in a fight because andy said his juice box was bigger than the other two's. Have some common sense, and at-least act like you're an adult. --- I swear, it scares me that people who act so childish and immature on these forums, are actually carrying a firearm; who needs the anti-gun folks around, when just reading half the posts in the Social lounge, or General discussion, is enough to damn us to obscurity.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
OCDO is not an anything goes zone, it is private property and subject to rules and moderation (judgement calls).

FORUM RULES:

(2) RIGHT TO EDIT AND DELETE POSTS:
We reserve the right to edit or remove posts for any reason, at any time, at our sole discretion.

(6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS:
While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer, in the military, etc). NOTE THAT THIS RULE APPLIES TO PMs AS WELL AS FORUM POSTS!!!

(9) HATE IS NOT WELCOME HERE:
Any posts attacking others based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity, or anything other than opposition to gun rights is NOT WELCOME HERE! We reserve the right to impose immediate bans for such behavior.

When the tone, tenor, or actual verbiage is deemed to be racist and contradictory to the best interests of OCDO, then action will be taken. To those that claim innocence/no fault, be aware that when your post has been deleted with notice given as have some on this thread - your words/posts have been preserved/captured for future reference.

Last edited: