• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Jersey vet says military T-shirt led to denied entry at Six Flags amusement park

Rusty Young Man

The sad part of all this is the fact that if it weren't for guys and gals like him (the veteran, not the statists involved), the control freaks wouldn't be able to bully people around for having a different opinion.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
1 - that is not a "military" shirt

2 - that is not a "t-shirt"

3 - even I see the message printed on that shirt as espousing violence, and can understand why a family-oriented place might take exception to it. Or a geriatric center. Or the local landfill. That does not mean I agree with their position, just that I can understand the why and how of their having that position.

.... you have to take it off … or you need to buy another shirt to put over it.”

Alejandro, who could not be reached for comment Friday, refused to remove the T-shirt from The Reconnaissance Foundation, a nonprofit group supporting Marines and their relatives, or to buy another garment, leading the security guard to call a supervisor.

He was offered the opportunity to comply with their policy and viewpoint. I'm impressed that they even considered letting him in sans any shirt.

[quote[“I fought for this country,” he said. “I laid in a hole for 36 hours with no sleep, and had friends die for this country and so the people here could have the freedom to [do] things like visit amusement parks. So when they told me that I couldn’t come in there with my family because of my shirt — a patriotic shirt — it hurt a lot.[/quote]

Pulling the "I fought for my country so that ..." card is just BS if you do not understand that you fought so that Six Flags could do precisely what they did.

I am tired of <people who do/did certain things> using that as an excuse to be allowed to do whatever they want to instead of complying with the rules/policies of private property owners. I may not always agree with the rules/policies but I am not going to use my status as a current/former whatever to buck them. I'll find and use other means to try and get them changed or to encourage others to not support them until the rules/policies are changed.

stay safe.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
The statement on the shirt does not bother me, but the tattoos is what bothers me. The different colors of the tattoos conveys gang membership. I'm sure he has a concealed weapon. Just look at the guy.

And if true -
“I saw him talk to two women in white shirts, who looked at me and then shook their heads,” he told NJ.com. “And then the man grabbed my arm and asked me to leave. I told them that it’s not offensive, that it’s a military shirt and that it means nothing. But they said: ‘I don’t care, get out of the park.’”
- did assault and battery occur?

Custodian

It's Jersey, what did you expect?

Sorry Charlie, but this is the price to be paid for visiting/living in/ or being in close proximity to the People's Republik of New Jerusalem.

In fact, if you live in the northeast, anywhere above the Virginias? I have little to no pity for you.

Even if the courts, one day, a long, long time time from now, ever deal with the unconstitutional stance up north, with those Yanks, still, it will take forever to deal with their statist, anti-freedom, anti-gun CULTURE.

Til then, suck it up. Its all you can do. Or move away and come back to the actual United States.

davidmcbeth

Banned
[quote[“I fought for this country,” he said. “I laid in a hole for 36 hours with no sleep, and had friends die for this country and so the people here could have the freedom to [do] things like visit amusement parks.

stay safe.

This guy did not fight for our freedom, at least not for our freedoms. Our freedoms, at least from outsiders, are safe dude. What, you think the Canadians are and issue...and we are welcoming in the infiltrators from Mexico with open arms ..... why isn't he there?

HyDef

3 - even I see the message printed on that shirt as espousing violence

How is 'returning fire' "espousing violence"? If you are returning fire, doesn't that mean you have have already been shot at? Wouldn't 'return fire' be defending ones self?

protias

The statement on the shirt does not bother me, but the tattoos is what bothers me. The different colors of the tattoos conveys gang membership. I'm sure he has a concealed weapon. Just look at the guy.

And if true -
- did assault and battery occur?

This was in NJ, which is a may issue state, so I highly doubt he had any physical tools of protection.

RU serious

What a bunch of commies!
Huh? Or are you one of those guys that believes OC trumps all else, including private property rights?

I thought this was a funny reply on another forum:

I can just hear the gate attendant now.

"I'm sorry sir, it's our policy, your shirt might offend or alarm someone."

well, that 300 lb whale over there in the 2 piece alarms and offends me, make her put a harbor freight tarp over that mess.
I've got a 12X8 in my truck tool box, that should do it

protias

Huh? Or are you one of those guys that believes OC trumps all else, including private property rights?

I thought this was a funny reply on another forum:

I can just hear the gate attendant now.

"I'm sorry sir, it's our policy, your shirt might offend or alarm someone."

well, that 300 lb whale over there in the 2 piece alarms and offends me, make her put a harbor freight tarp over that mess.
I've got a 12X8 in my truck tool box, that should do it

If you are open to the public, you are no longer able to forbid anyone. Can you imagine what kind of shitstorm they'd receive if they said, "No black people?"

RU serious

If you are open to the public, you are no longer able to forbid anyone.
No shirt, no shoes, no service.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
Proper attire required.

I don't know what it's like in WI but in Texas, private property rights are not lost where public access is afforded.

Can you imagine what kind of shitstorm they'd receive if they said, "No black people?"
Not OT, not going there.

protias

No shirt, no shoes, no service.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
Proper attire required.

I don't know what it's like in WI but in Texas, private property rights are not lost where public access is afforded.

Not OT, not going there.

Just because something is legal doesn't mean it is right.

protias

Are you seriously suggesting property rights are fer ****?!? LMAO

Does that include YOUR rights?

thestupiditburns.jpg

1275389857_naked-gun-facepalm.gif

Was I suppose to use one of those face thingies to convey sarcasm?

That would help some.

protias

I see protias has withdrawn from the discussion.

Sorry, but your argument is weak. How can you possibly say that something open to the public, can prohibit people from going in. Do you also say public property is a prohibited place? You have failed to answer my question of how something being legal (refusal of allowing some entering in) is morally right.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Sorry, but your argument is weak. How can you possibly say that something open to the public, can prohibit people from going in. Do you also say public property is a prohibited place? You have failed to answer my question of how something being legal (refusal of allowing some entering in) is morally right.

Is there a difference in barring someone from your business for a civil right (being black) versus barring them for a dress code (offensive or lack of shirt)?

In common sense and every state I know of, it is a clear difference, but I do not know NJ or WI.

Last edited: