• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MWAG call on campus of CNU

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Then there's always the idiot factor. I remember one night Grapeshot, myself and half of VCDL were at VCU and the chief was giving a briefing. One of VCUs finest told us it was private property. ..The chief got an earful.
Now they will have body cams to video us videoing them :lol:

http://www.nbc12.com/story/28106127/vcu-police-to-train-on-body-cameras-next-week

Hope that also includes the officers at MCV - would not want them to miss out on the festivities :uhoh:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Now they will have body cams to video us videoing them :lol:

http://www.nbc12.com/story/28106127/vcu-police-to-train-on-body-cameras-next-week

Hope that also includes the officers at MCV - would not want them to miss out on the festivities :uhoh:

With that story showing that the cameras point more at the knees than the shoulders of anybody close enough for the video to have any meaning, I don't care how many VCU cops are issued cameras. (Laura Geller is short - as in shorter than me short.) I guess they are taking their cues from the folks who video the sidewalk and claim it shows some cop doing something nefarious.

I must say, however, that the semi-consensual "Hey fella, can I see your permit to walk on the public sidewalk?" bit was absolute genius and showed the VCU cops in the performance of their duties in a manner that will warm the cockles of some attorneys.

stay safe.