• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can we stop talking about open carry please?

Bill Starks

State Researcher

amzbrady

Just goes to prove that an armed society is a polite society. If you get on an anti gunners site and express an opinion they dont agree with (like https://www.facebook.com/bradycampaign and https://www.facebook.com/washingtonceasefire) they will ban you from posting and delete all your posts. I highly doubt that would happen on any of the 2nd amendment sites if they were to start commenting on their views. I am sure we would rationally discuss the reasons why we carry in a civilized manner.

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
What are these professed 'gun nuts' afraid of? It is just words, ideas and the exercise of a right....
If they don't want to talk about it, that is there right. I will continue to talk about open carry, it is my right.

Levi

I carry openly about 15% of the time. I stealth carry about 5% of the time. The other 80% of the time I usually wear a jacket of some kind that covers most but not all of my side arm and holster. Usually you can see the bottom inch; what my friend refers to as "unsuccessful concealed carry." My main concern is to have an available means to put up a good fight when BGs try to mess up my life.

No matter how you carry, it's ok with me. Just do it safely.

Thor80

Just goes to prove that an armed society is a polite society. If you get on an anti gunners site and express an opinion they dont agree with (like https://www.facebook.com/bradycampaign and https://www.facebook.com/washingtonceasefire) they will ban you from posting and delete all your posts. I highly doubt that would happen on any of the 2nd amendment sites if they were to start commenting on their views. I am sure we would rationally discuss the reasons why we carry in a civilized manner.

Holy Cow Batman! I just posted a few on WACeasefire and Brady tonight. My 3 posts on WACeasefire are gone within 3 hours, I wasn't harsh on them or anything, just pointing out how their studies that they cite were "skewed". They let MassiveDesignDan keep his posts up though... Wonder what he does that's so special he can keep his anti-ceasefire posts up on their page? :)

Oh well, I care so much that I don't even have a Facebook account, used my Fiance's.... :lol:

-Thor

ghosthunter

I carry openly about 15% of the time. I stealth carry about 5% of the time. The other 80% of the time I usually wear a jacket of some kind that covers most but not all of my side arm and holster. Usually you can see the bottom inch; what my friend refers to as "unsuccessful concealed carry." My main concern is to have an available means to put up a good fight when BGs try to mess up my life.

+1

Jeff Hayes

Well said Levi.

I carry everyday everywhere, for a long time I made sure there was no doubt I was OC now I just carry if it shows it shows if it doesn't it doesn't. It shows more often than not and I am more aware of my surroundings when I am OC but that is about the extent of it.

hermannr

I occationally cover to keep the rain off...yes it does rain on the dry side...almost a inch in the last 48 hours. 1/2 mile up to the mail box, and I don't want to be cold, or wet, so I'll wear a jacket. I guess that will be CC.

I don't care that people CC, or not. I just want to be left alone to do what is legal, comfortable and safe.

Oh, funny: Last month oldest daughter and husband were out here from TX...we went to dinner...he never said a word, just grinned...(he's originally from OR)

Last edited: