• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gunshow at RIR

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Not a bad show depending on what you're looking for. One of my favorite vendors had a great price on hard body armor..(As if I needed hard body armor) but I did buy one of the carrier vests made for photographers. Well made and plenty of room without the plates:lol:

A few other odds and ends but I am delighted to see VCDL members coming to their senses. Now Philip and yet another member have moved UP to revolvers...,357 but still a revolver.
Now if I can just make them understand that the 44 Magnum is the perfect caliber.:lol:

The Rhinos are ugly and might be chipped, but still light years ahead of a :uhoh: Glock:uhoh:.

Chiappa+Rhino+Revolver-1b.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Peter Nap carries enough recording equipment in his vest to equal or surpass ceramic plates. :lol:

scouser

Had an entertaining chat with skidmark during his Sunday shift. Logan says thanks for the stickers you sent him, I'll try and keep one hidden from him until next time he comes to breakfast so he can wear it then.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Had an entertaining chat with skidmark during his Sunday shift. Logan says thanks for the stickers you sent him, I'll try and keep one hidden from him until next time he comes to breakfast so he can wear it then.

Some of us are known to carry GSL stickers, VCDL applications, OC and general firearms laws cards and a spare bandaid or two with us at all times. No aspirin, for if you get a headache you deserved it.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Some of us are known to carry GSL stickers, VCDL applications, OC and general firearms laws cards and a spare bandaid or two with us at all times. No aspirin, for if you get a headache you deserved it.

stay safe.

Have a supply of all of the above in my truck at all times, except for aspirin. Will ibuprofen do? :lol:

sidestreet

+100 on Peter Nap's comment (not too sorry , Jim)...,

and scouser, I loved seeing Logan at breakfast a few weeks ago, I hope it isn't long before his bedtime is moved back so that you can both attend some of the great dinners we have, like the one at Bennie's last week. My daughter could have played with him, she loves little kids, my son does great impressions of cartoon characters too, and between the two of them , I'm sure the time would have flown. It already goes by too quickly as it is though, for me that is. :)

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal , but we must be relentless.

HeroHog

I always had some Ibuprofen with me (and MUCH better stuff but THAT I didn't share!). I also carried snacks and Diet Dr Pepper I would share (I'm a type II diabetic among a ton of other health issues).

Last edited:

Marco

I was there on Saturday.
Renewed my VCDL membership and bought supporting items but forgot most of them at the table, so it just ended up being a donation to VCDL. :)