• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I stopped Ocing for now because...

Status
Not open for further replies.

virginian45colt

The reason you are being called a liar and a troll is that you are behaving as they typically do.

Every post contains a new little tidbit of info that is used to justify your story and make yourself sound right or better. When the whole picture gets put up on the wall for people to see, it looks kind of like abstract art rather than a Michelangelo.

You are a Komnifornien immigrant, who lived in Texas with your Korean War vet uncles, Georgia and now Oregon. You have no job and no place to live yet have been there long enough to make friends with the "gun shop" and are hanging out there all the time.
You are exercising your right to carry without understanding how to defend that right, and are unwilling to exercise your right to keep silent - a right you claim to have fought to defend, although I think that is impossible unless you are much older than I get the impression you are.

The open carry thing in Texas really hurt you because your first claim gave the impression that you seen it ALL the time and with so many people...now it's just a couple uncles?

Don't take offense we just see a lot of folks come on here trying to make trouble or make up far fetched stories...yours may be real it just comes across as familiar to many of us.

I'm not trying to come across as a troll. I apologize.
I was born and raised in Cali, went to college there, went to Georgia for basic/AIT, Texas for my duty station. Got out of the Army, went back to Cali, then moved here 2 months ago.
Not trying to come across as a troll. I stink at typing and writing. That's probably why I sound like a troll.

acmariner99

Back Off Guys

Treating emigrants from Kalifornia like this is not going to help win them to our cause. Sure, Calis have a certain mentality about them when it comes to government and law enforcement ... but it is only a stereotype. I am guilty of making assumptions about Californians as the next guy. Instead of armchair quarterbacking the poor guy, help him come around to our side and teach him how to better use his rights. About the Texas thing? From what he stated later, he spent most of his time on ranch land out in the middle of nowhere - if that is the case, then yes it wouldn't be uncommon to see people OCing - even dual wielding 1911's. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

To the OP: if you really are still uncomfortable with OCing, become knowledgeable about the law, determine how you will respond to citizens and law enforcement, OC in places you are familiar with, and if the DPRK mentality is still a concern, see if you can become an Oregon resident.

jolly__roger

Wow.....

I'm confounded with how many in this community are so quick to berate and then try to ostracize someone for sharing an experience that doesn't follow their ideology and methods in how it "should" have been handled. The majority of the comments (some a little more gruff than others) in this thread appeared to be genuinely trying to help guide a new person on the right path but the rest of the comments were about as useful as the crew of the titanic. The high level of cynicism on this forum is exactly why I held off for a long time from sharing any of my personal OCing experiences. If you truly wish to encourage more people to join in on the OCing experience and OCDO then some people on this forum desperately need to change their approach methods.

My hat goes off to those that made a genuine attempt to welcome a newcomer to the community & my greetings to a fellow newcomer.

VW_Factor

It does make the Police look at you. I had a rental car for 3 weeks while mine was in the shop, it had Cali plates and I got pulled over 3 times in that car. I have never been pulled over once in my regular car.

Our experiences differ. I simply cannot believe a LEO will pull over a CA plate any more than any other including OR plates. There are other factors at play that would cause a LEO to pull over a vehicle beyond simply the state from which it is registered.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by VW_Factor

What else do you call someone who passes along untrue information?

Ignorant.

Mistaken, ill informed, poorly advised, in error, or any number of words and phrases that are not personally insulting.

I am constantly amazed by those who respond in a crass (without refinement, delicacy, or sensitivity) fashion. Such is totally unnecessary, more than a little rude, and detracts greatly from the forum. It needs to stop.

Ironbar

Mistaken, ill informed, poorly advised, in error, or any number of words and phrases that are not personally insulting.

I am constantly amazed by those who respond in a crass (without refinement, delicacy, or sensitivity) fashion. Such is totally unnecessary, more than a little rude, and detracts greatly from the forum. It needs to stop.

And I am constantly amazed by the number of people on this forum who don't own a freakin' DICTIONARY!

ig·no·rant

adjective

1. lacking in knowledge or training

2. lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact

3. uninformed; unaware

Don't go looking for intent Grapeshot where non existed. The word ignorant is not an insult; it is a WORD.

Last edited:

OC for ME

Considering that the use of the word' ignorant' was not qualified as to its usage, the word ignorant was logically taken to be used as a

pe-jo-ra-tive (noun): a word or phrase that has negative connotations or that is used to disparage or belittle : a pejorative word or phrase

Ironbar

Considering that the use of the word' ignorant' was not qualified as to its usage, the word ignorant was logically taken to be used as a

pe-jo-ra-tive (noun): a word or phrase that has negative connotations or that is used to disparage or belittle : a pejorative word or phrase

So it's logical for you to assign negative connotation to a word as a rule?

Would you like to move this discussion of the dissection of the English language to another thread or shall we just stop here?

Status
Not open for further replies.