• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Inaccurately (ILLEGALLY) telling residents that they must relinquish their handguns!

KIX

Yes, but in that case.... in my own home...... I'd much rather be judged by 12 than carried by six.

And for the record, just because you have a permit, doesn't mean you shouldn't be allowed to drink in your own home.

Jonathan

Tazman2

I don't really understand how personal responsibility would suddenly cease to exist just because you are inside your home. In regards to my examples, if someone breaks into your home while you are having a couple beers and you shoot him (we will assume in a justified manner), you are putting yourself at increased risk. Alcohol and drugs are modifiers to what should otherwise be open and shut cases.

See now your putting words in my mouth. At NO time did I say my responsibility would cease. And I do agree on the modifier parts and I will leave it at that. Agree to semi disagree? :)

stacks04

Drinking at home I believe is a good bit different then drinking outside of your home

The only thing I see as potentially different besides the obvious drunk driving concerns, is, it is easier for me to let my guard down in my home with regard to not having a firearm defense than to do so when out in public. Imo there is a greater risk to me when at a mall or in a public restaurant with lots of cash and people around, then in my home. Even then its only 2 nights a year.

Rich B

I don't really understand how personal responsibility would suddenly cease to exist just because you are inside your home. In regards to my examples, if someone breaks into your home while you are having a couple beers and you shoot him (we will assume in a justified manner), you are putting yourself at increased risk. Alcohol and drugs are modifiers to what should otherwise be open and shut cases.

And for the record, just because you have a permit, doesn't mean you shouldn't be allowed to drink in your own home.

Just the way I read post #18.......

I don't understand how you can take anything of the sort from my post. Nowhere do I discuss anything about what you should or shouldn't be allowed to do.